Research Services strives to:
- support research, scholarly and creative activities of faculty and students
- support the integration of research and education, and enhance the research training of students
- support knowledge transfer and technological innovation through the institution’s University-Industry Liaison Office and Trades and Technology Division, in close cooperation with the region’s businesses and industries
- encourage multidisciplinary, collaborative research within UFV, and develop alliances and partnerships with other institutions, in Canada and abroad, as well as with community, public, and private sector organizations
- assist faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students to obtain funding for research
The office is also the point of contact for the federal granting councils (NSERC, SSHRC, CFI), government ministries, industry, associations and foundations for funding, partnerships, grants and contracts in support of research, and creative and scholarly activities.
Learn about the administrators and staff of the Office of Research Services and Industry Liaison.
UFV Research at a Glance
Outstanding Research Opportunities for Undergraduate Students
From co-authoring journal articles to presenting at international conferences, students at UFV have increasing opportunities to develop their research skills. The Office of Research and Industry Liaison recognizes excellence in student research through a variety of awards. A number of UFV’s students are also SSHRC and NSERC award holders.
Innovative International Partnerships
Working with national and international agencies and partners, UFV has harnessed its considerable expertise and technical resources on development initiatives that help reduce poverty and promote social justice in developing countries. From Sudan to Viet Nam and the Maldives and Kenya, the Global Development Institute’s associates are involved in many different interdisciplinary projects.
Western Canada’s Only Luminescence Dating Lab
The Geography department at UFV is the home of a Luminescence Dating Laboratory, currently the only one of its kind in western Canada. The NSERC-funded laboratory serves as a place of research and teaching and welcomes visiting colleagues from other universities, as well as graduate and undergraduate students. The laboratory also undertakes contract work.
Award-Winning Research Chairs
UFV is home to four intertnationally recognized research chair holders. Read more