UFV Research Support
Teaching Research Option (RO)
Scholarly Activity Option (SA)
PLEASE NOTE: New forms for 2015-2016 applications will be posted soon. Last year's forms are below for reference only.
VP Academic Task Force on Research & Scholarship Recommendations
Application Information for the 2014/15 Academic Year
Below is detailed information for teaching faculty members on how to submit an application for an RO or SA release for the 2014/15 academic year:
- Application Deadline is Thursday, October 31, 2014.
- Before completing an application, please read the Research Option & Scholarly Activity Application Handbook to assist you in completing the form.
- Determine which application stream best fits your proposal.
- Complete either the Research Option Application or Scholarly Activity Application online PDF form. There is a separate RO & SA Application Form for Major Grant Holders.
- Print the form, sign the form, and have your Department Head sign the form.
- Scan the completed form with signatures, and submit it by emailing ROSA.firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to attach all supporting documents.
- Once submitted, applications will be distributed to the appropriate subcommittee.
- The Teaching Faculty Research Option subcommittee and the Scholarly Activity Option subcommittee function as separate committees.
- As in the past, the 80 releases in total available to both committees will continue to be used to support approved research and scholarly activities.
Review of applications will normally be completed by January 31, 2015.
Teaching Faculty Research and Scholarly Activity Options Handbook PDF
Research Option Application Form Fillable PDF
Scholarly Activity Application Form Fillable PDF
RO & SA Application Form for Major Grant Holders Fillable Word Doc
Final research reports are required and must be submitted to the Research Office by September 12, 2015. A reminder email, along with a report template and instructions, will be sent to faculty who receive Research Option or Scholarly Activity releases.
Please refer to the Application Handbook or email ROSA.email@example.com.