Improve your success at UFV
What we provide
Going to university can be a rewarding and challenging experience. Meeting and talking with a supportive and knowledgeable counsellor can help.
UFV counsellors can assist you:
On your own, you can access Counselling resouces:
- Attend a counselling group workshop
- Download online handouts
- Discover support sources in other UFV departments
- Participate in our counselling awareness events
- What is counselling?
- What services are offered through the UFV Counselling Department?
- Is counselling confidential?
- Who can access counselling at UFV?
- How much does it cost?
- What if I can’t make it to my appointment?
- I’m an instructor at UFV. What can I do to help a student in crisis?
- I’m worried about a friend or family member who goes to UFV. What should I do?
Book an appointment
To book a Counselling appointment or to get more information, contact us through Student Services.
Locate Counselling Services
||Phone 604 854-4528
|CEP Building, Room A-1318
||Phone 604 795-2808
Counselling services are available Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4:30 pm.
Student Services will be open until 7 pm every Wednesday until Sept. 30th, 2015.
Drop-in services for students in crisis are also available.
Emergency and after-hours contacts
If you are experiencing a crisis after 4:30 pm or on weekends, contact the regional crisis line at 604 951-8855 or toll-free at 1-877-820-7444. If there is an immediate safety risk, call 911.
Find out where
PAWS for a break with Mac
Drop-in for a 15 minute 'PAWS' on Tuesday afternoons from 1 to 3 pm.