Global Citizenship Grants
Global Citizenship Grants (GCG) are designed to support UFV student-led events, activities, projects, training sessions or other appropriate ventures that encourage the UFV student body to be Global Citizens and, in turn, contribute to the internationalization of UFV campuses.
Applications for GCGs are now OPEN!
Global Citizenship Grant Terms of Reference
Global Citizenship Grant Application
Submit your GCG Application Here
Got questions? Email Us!
GCG Supported Events - Winter 2014
Event/Activity/Project Eligibility Criteria
- Highlight a particular world event and/or a global political, social, economic, environmental or cultural issue
- Present diverse perspectives on the topic from special guests , experts from UFV and/or the community-at-large
- Encourage multiple ways of learning, sharing and interacting between cultures
- Bring awareness and support volunteer work or assistance in global civic organizations
- Encourage action towards a social issue at the local level could have impact on a global level
- Applications must be from a minimum of two SUS ratified student associations or clubs. Applications will be considered from associations or clubs that have registered with SUS but are pending approval. SUS ratification must be gained in the semester the GCG is applied for the application to be funded.
- Check out the SUS Clubs and Associations Handbook!
- Each application must have a primary and a secondary applicant from at least two of the associations or clubs involved.
- Applications must justify the event/activity/project contributes to at least three of the Global Citizenship Grant eligibility criteria
- Applications must justify the event/activity contributes to at least two of the UFV Institutional Learning Outcomes.
- Funded events, activities, projects, training sessions or other appropriate ventures must take place on a UFV campus.
- All events/activities/projects being applied for must be approved or pending approval through the UFV-SUS Student Event Proposal
- All events/activities/projects must be not-for-profit.
A minimum of two SUS ratified student associations or clubs. Applications will be considered from associations or clubs that have registered with SUS, but are pending approval. Register your student association or club now! Each club and/or association may be awarded a maximum of two Global Citizenship Grants per semester.
The funding is designed to support UFV student-led events, activities, projects, training sessions or other appropriate ventures that encourage the UFV student body to be Global Citizens and, in turn, contribute to the internationalization of UFV campuses. Additionally, students contributing to GCG events in leadership roles will be recognized through the Co-Curricular Record (CCR). The funds are not intended to support student travel. A pre-determined amount of funding will be made available by UFV International for the fall and winter semester only. A maximum of $500 per application will be awarded. It is encouraged to highlight additional funding sources on the application.
Funded events, activities, projects, training sessions or other appropriate ventures must take place on a UFV campus. All awarded events/activities/projects must be approved through the UFV-SUS Student Event Proposal. Applications will be considered if the event/activity/project is pending approval, however if the event/activity/project is not approved by UFV-SUS, it is not eligible for GCG funding. All events/activities/projects must be not-for-profit.
GCG applications will be accepted for the Fall and Winter semesters only. Applications will be accepted and adjudicated on a first come, first served basis until the funding for that semester has been exhausted.
The GCG program is designed to encourage SUS ratified association or clubs to become leaders and Global Citizens at UFV and the community. The events, activities, or projects awarded will contribute to the internationalization of the University of the Fraser Valley and contribute to the UFV Institutional Learning Outcomes. GCG’s are a true representation of collaboration between UFV administrative departments and faculties, the students’ union, and the UFV domestic and international student body. GCG’s are intended to support new and innovative collaborations between SUS ratified associations or clubs in working together to explore a global issue, intercultural learning or world event. The GCG will enhance meaningful collaboration and joint planning between SUS ratified associations or clubs by internationalizing current programming at UFV.
Applications must be completed in full to be considered. Questions about the GCG and applications should be directed to email@example.com. ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Successful recipients of GCG’s will be supported by the International Student Programs Facilitator at UFV International, if necessary. Upon completion, the primary and secondary applicants will be awarded 80% of the funding awarded. The remaining 20% of the funding will be awarded upon conclusion of the event/activity and submission of receipts and final evaluation. Failure to submit receipts and final evaluation within thirty days of event’s completion will result in the association or club being barred from consideration for Global Citizenship Grants for the following ONE semester .