Cooperative Education Program (Co-op)
Co-operative Education (Co-op) allows you to combine academic studies with paid work experience in a career-related field.
Through the co-op program, you can graduate with a degree, real world experience, and skills that are in demand in today’s job market. On top of that, you also receive coaching to help you ace any job interview and build a résumé that stands out. The co-op option is undoubtedly a perfect way to launch your career.
Co-op work terms are four, eight, or 12 months in duration and can be full time, part time, or a combination of both. A work placement can be as close as the UFV campus and as far away as Ontario, depending on your field of study, interests.
The co-op option is offered in Arts, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, Criminal Justice, General Studies, Library and Information Technology, and Science.To qualify for the UFV Co-op program, you need to:
- possess a valid Study Permit
- be enrolled in full-time studies
- be accepted into one of the UFV programs offering the co-op option
- have successfully completed a minimum of 18 credits in your academic program
- hold and maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.33 (C+) for diploma or 2.67 (B-) for degree.
Contact the Career Centre