Employee Computer Accounts
Request a Computer Account
A department head, dean, director or department assistant submits a request to the IT Services Help Desk to setup your computer account at the time of your hire.
This requires your employee number which is found on your UFV Human Resources contract, campus card and pay stub.
IT Services requires the following information at the time of this request:
| First and Last Name
|| Employee Number
|| Job Title
| Primary Campus (Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission)
|| Office Number
| Telephone Number or Local
|| Expiration Date of Account
| Network Access Restrictions
|| Special accounts (i.e. Banner. ACM)
| Budget Code (for Print/Copy)
The Help Desk creates a computer account for network and email access.
A request for a new account will be processed as soon as possible, however may take up to 10 business days.
The Help Desk sends the username and temporary password to both the department requestor and the new account holder with first-time access instructions.
Computer / Network
- IT Services first creates an account used for both computer/network and email access.
- Your myUFV / Online Blackboard account is separate (see below).
- Your username and temporary password is sent to the department requestor and to you as the new computer account holder with first-time access instructions.
- When you log in for the first time, you are required to change your password (minimum 6 characters) and you must do this while on campus at a UFV computer.
- Username is usually your lastname first initial.
- Password is the IT temporary password until you change it (6 or more characters).
- Future password changes: press Ctrl+Alt+Del simultaneously when logged into a UFV computer.
- Outlook is the email software standard at UFV.
- Access your email at my.ufv.ca or webmail.ufv.ca.
- Username is your computer/network username.
- Password is the same as your computer/network password.
- Your email address format is usually email@example.com.
myUFV / Online Blackboard
- FIRST TIME USE ONLY, your password is your date of birth in the format of yymmdd. You will be immediately prompted to change your birth date password to your own private password for future access. This password must be exactly six numbers. Remember this password.
- Type my.ufv.ca into a web browser
- Username is your employee ID
- Password: is 6 digit numbers only—Remember: For first time login, your password is set to your date of birth in the format YYMMDD where YY is the last two digits of the year.
- Future password changes: Log in to myUFV, go to Personal Information and choose Change your PIN.