What is the standard software UFV uses for email?
How will I access Outlook? (three options)
How will I log into Outlook?
- Your username and password are the same as what you use to log into your computer
- Your initial password is provided by the IT Services Help Desk
How will I access my work Outlook email from home?
- Microsoft has a free web-based client you can use to access your email from anywhere
- The free client provides basic email tool functionality including rule creation, email and calendar management, etc.
- You can access the Outlook Web Access from webmail.ufv.ca (please bookmark this address)
- To order and purchase the Microsoft Outlook client for installation on your home computer or laptop, please refer to the Home Use Program
- UFV provides the Microsoft Forefront anti-virus client software for UFV workstations and UFV supplied laptops only
- Home users may want to consider Microsoft Security Essentials anti-virus for personally owned computers
- Microsoft Security Essentials can be downloaded from Microsoft and used with your free license for home users at www.microsoft.com/en-ca/security_essentials/default.aspx or another anti-virus solution of your choice
- For more information about computer security, please refer to IT Security