Full time, Mon - Fri
How to apply
Chilliwack, Trades & Technology Centre
- Graduates can earn credit for Level 1 and Level 2 Joinery apprenticeship
- Program eligible for financial aid
- Small class sizes: instructor/student ratio is 10:1
UFV’s Joinery program will prepare students for entry into trade and the provincial apprenticeship program. Sample topics include:
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Using joinery shop equipment
- Applying layout techniques
- Assembling cabinets
- Applying finishes
- Installing hardware
Graduates can earn credit for their Level 1 and Level 2 Joinery apprenticeship.
Joinery is a growing business with great job opportunities for those with creative ability and a knack for getting the job done. As a graduate from UFV’s Joinery program you are fully equipped for employment in the following industries:
- Joinery millwork
- Interior finishing and trimming
- Furniture manufacturing
- Cottage industries
- Van interior customizing
- High school graduation or equivalent (or a letter from your school stating you will graduate)
- Successful completion of math and reading entrance exam
if you’re currently or recently employed as a joiner, our upgrading program allows you to complete your certificate requirements or to become proficient in a specific process or technique.
As an upgrading student, you are expected to meet program prerequisites through previous enrolment or proof of industry experience, approved by the program instructor.
Upgrading students cannot be enrolled for more than 13 weeks or cannot displace anyone registered in an upcoming intake.
Toll free: 1-888-504-7441, local 5448
Or ask online