Student Ambassadors are student leaders who exemplify the fundamental values of UFV. They play an essential role in New Student Orientation (NSO). Student Ambassadors welcome new UFV students and their supporters into our community. With their enthusiasm, compassion, and school-spirit, Ambassadors help new students embark upon their UFV journeys with confidence.
What, specifically, do Student Ambassadors do?
Customize your Ambassador experience to match your skills, interests, and time commitment.
Level 1--Take the first step--Help out on the day of NSO
- assist with set-up and clean-up
- give directions and answer questions
- lead campus tours for new students and their supporters at NSO Part 1 (*campus tour training is required)
- act as team leaders for new students during the Amazing Race, UFV Edition, at NSO Part 2 (*team leader training is required)
Level 2--Hit the ground running--Contribute on an ongoing basis
- help develop and organize future NSOs
- assist with the development of the Student Ambassador program, including faciltating Ambassador training sessions
- mentor new Student Ambassdors
- provide critical student feedback on Student Life events and programs
Why should I become a Student Ambassador?
- develop your skill set--get practical experience in leadership, team-building, public relations, and event planning
- get Co-Curricular recognition for your volunteer work as an Ambassador
- give back to the UFV community
- develop your personal network--get to know your fellow UFV students, faculty, and staff
Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.