BC Adult Basic Education
If you are interested in taking Adult Basic Education (ABE) courses:
- Call or visit the Upgrading and University Preparation (UUP) office nearest you to discuss your education and career goals with an instructional assistant.
- If necessary, you will be advised to register for an assessment session where your reading, writing and math skills will be assessed.
- You will be given permission to register in ABE courses that best suit your abilities and goals based on your previous education and/or assessment results.
- Registration into courses is dependant on available seats, so assessing early is recommended.
To find out when the next UUP information and assessment session will be held, click here or contact your nearest UUP centre.
Courses are scheduled according to the UFV timetable:
- Fall and winter semester courses are offered at Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, and Hope.
- Summer semester courses are offered only in Abbotsford and Chilliwack.
- Click here for current or upcoming ABE timetables.
September through December
January through April
Full: May through August
Early Session: May through June
Late Session: June through August
Funding is available for qualifyng ABE students in the form of the Adult Basic Education Student Assistance Program (ABESAP).
Upgrading and University Preparation Annual Scholarship: