Upgrade your skills, upgrade your life
The Upgrading and University Preparation (UUP) department has helped thousands of students reach their educational and career goals. The UUP department provides programming for adults of all backgrounds and ages, including those with special needs.
Courses offered through our Adult Basic Education (ABE) program help adults
- complete prerequisite courses for post-secondary programs;
- upgrade their basic literacy and numeracy skills for personal benefit or entry into the work force;
- complete high school to earn the BC Adult Graduation Diploma (Adult Dogwood);
- prepare for the General Educational Development (GED) high school equivalency test;
- or meet employment requirements.
Our Training in Attitudes, Skills and Knowledge for the Workplace (Workplace TASK) program offers students with disabilities the opportunity to gain self-management and employment skills and develop realistic career objectives in their chosen field while in the classroom.
We provide programming in our Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Hope, and Mission campuses, so explore our website to learn about our program and how we can help you reach your goals and move toward a brighter future.
Greg St. Hilaire, UUP Department Head
Faculty of Access and Open Studies
*Funding is available for those who qualify through the Adult Basic Education Assistance Program (ABESAP).
Like us on Facebook
|The University of the Fraser Valley is situated on the unceded traditional territory of the Stó:lō peoples. The Stó:lō have an intrinsic relationship with what they refer to as S’olh Temexw (Our Sacred Land); therefore, we express our gratitude and respect for the honour of living and working in this territory.