ADED 370 and ADED 470 Independent Study Courses
- ADED 370 and ADED 470 provides students with an opportunity to develop an adult education focus based on their need or interest.
- These are separate courses and must have 2 separate proposals.
- These courses can be scheduled for any semester. The course must be completed in the term it is registered for.
- Topics can range from a practical (work related) or academic (scholarly or research studies) applications.
- Faculty with the expertise relating to the student's topic will be chosen.
Proposal: Complete this ADED 370 and ADED 470 Proposal Template and send to the program advisor.
Example: ADED 370 proposal research example.
Learning Outcomes chart: Learning Outcomes Chart
How to write learning outcomes: Learning Outcomes
The proposal must have:
- A clear indication of an alignment between 4 (or more) learning outcomes and the way they will be assessed.
- Include researching and reviewing literature or readings on the top
- Include readings and application procedures.
Timeline for Proposals
|Semester||Declaration Date||Proposal Submission Date |
||August 15 th
The Procedure: Send the both your declaration and proposal to the Program Advisor who will send it to the Department Head for review.
Once the proposal is accepted, and the final proposal is sent to the Dean to approve and then, students will be contacted to register for a special course set up for this activity.
Note: Students will be mentored and assessed by the instructor who agreed to the proposal. It will be assessed by a Credit/ Non-credit basis.
Note: It is the student’s responsibility to monitor their proposals, registration dates and target dates outlined in their proposal.
Examples of topics from past proposals:
- Creating information manuals for the workplace
- Creating workplace programs
- Training sessions
- Researching Adult Education topics