The RBC Arts Peer Mentoring program
Become a mentee
Get the support you need to succeed at university and build connections in the UFV community. Fill the form below to sign up and get paired with a peer mentor from the RBC Arts Peer Mentoring program who can serve as your own personal university guide for the semester.
Peer mentors are third and fourth year students who are there to help you make a smooth transition to university life. They know the ropes and they can point you to the right resources. They have been selected and trained to address your need and they look forward to helping you achieve your potential.
Peer mentors commit to:
- Meet with you twice a month throughout the semester
- Answer your questions by phone, email, or face-to-face
- Help you familiarize yourself with resources and connect with your new community
- Maintain confidentiality at all time
Peer mentees commit to:
- Agree on the structure and objectives of the relationship
- Actively listen
- Set goals and expectations (What is a SMART goal?)
- Identify learning style and study habits
- Follow through on assigned tasks/suggestions
- Ask for feedback
- Use mentorship time wisely
Sign up today!