Minimum 120 credits. These must incorporate the Breadth Requirements (33 credits)as well as include appropriate Electives (87 credits).
Grade Point Average Requirements:
Overall minimum 2.0
Upper-level minimum 2.0
Minimum 30 credits from studies offered by UFV, including a minimum of 15 credits at upper-level.
Writing course (3 credits)
Minimum 33 credits from five other areas as specified in Course Selection below.
Graduates of the Bachelor of General Studies program are expected to have:
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective team and interpersonal skills
- The ability to think critically, problem solve, and apply mathematical and scientific reasoning
- An understanding of the scientific and natural world and the ability to use technology
- A sense of social responsibility and citizenship and an understanding of the global context in which we live and work
- An appreciation of the cultural and aesthetic world
These breadth requirements can be satisfied by successfully completing courses from the list of subject areas in the Course Selection below.
For more specific information and possible alternatives to the list, consult the Bachelor of General Studies Program Advisor, Mandy Klepic at 604-851-6333.
Minimum 45 upper-level credits
42 additional credits at any level
You are free to choose your electives from any of UFV course offerings.
When planning your course selection, keep in mind that some upper-level courses have prerequisites that need to be completed first.
You need to have 33 credits that are specifically from the following six categories. Please note the number of credits required for each area. Generally courses are 3 credits each.
CATEGORY A: Required: 3 credits (1 course)
CMNS 250 or 251
CATEGORY B: Required: 6 credits (2 courses)
Child & Youth Care
CATEGORY C: Required: 6 credits (2 courses)
Mathematics & Statistics
CATEGORY D: Required: 6 credits (2 courses)
Computer Information Systems Systems
Applied Business Technology
CATEGORY E: Required: 6 credits (2 courses)
Media & Communications Studies
Latin American Studies
CATEGORY F: Required: 6 credits (2 courses)
Literature in Translation