Associate Professor, School of Business
Joe Ilsever joined UFV’s School of Business in 2004, and within the same year gained his Doctorate with Major in E-Commerce & Financial and Statistical Business Modeling. Prior to that, Joe worked in various universities and colleges throughout the lower mainland including, but not limited to UBC and Douglas College. Joe has also been employed in all aspects of corporate finance, accounting, banking, corporate underwriting of debt and securities, corporate audit and tax (in senior management, controller, corporate financial planning, project feasibility and treasury capacity).
Joe also has professional affiliations with the CGA, including the CGA BC Educational Advisory Board, Canadian Tax Foundations, the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) USA, and is a fellow of the Institute of Canadian Bankers (ICB)
BUS 144- Acounting II
BUS 346- Income Tax II
BUS 443- Financial Accounting Theory
BUS 444- Advanced Management Accounting
BUS 449- Financial Management II
- Ilsever, J., & Leung, R. (2015). Supporting and Supplemental Learning Intervention Strategies (SSi) In Introductory Accounting Classes. Journal of Accounting and Auditing: Research and Practice. Vol. 2015 (2015), DOI: 10.5171/2015.129854
- Ilsever, J., Ivanof, M., & Leung, R., (2013). International Accounting Harmonization and Transparency: Impact on Capital Markets: A General Review of Literature. Journal of Knowledge Globalization 6(2).
- Leung, R., Ilsever, J., (2013). Review of Evidence between Corporate Governance and Mandatory IFRS Adoption from the Perspective of Agency Theory and Information Asymmetry. Universal Journal of Acocunting and Finance 1(3): 85-94. http://www.hrpub.org DOI: 10.13189/ujaf.2013.010301
- Ilsever, J., Cry, D, and Parent M. Models of Flow and E-Loyalty: A structured Equation Model Approach.
- Ilsever, J., Cry, D, and Parent M. Extending Models of Flow and E-Loyalty. Submitted (July 2005) and accepted by Journal of Electronic Commerce Research (JECR).
- Ilsever J., Cyr, D, and Kindra, G. A Web-based Empirical Validation of Student Satisfaction Information Variable (SSI). Replication Studies and Douglas College, Simon Fraser University and the University of Ottawa. Funded by a grant under the Scholarly Activity Fund, Douglas College, New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada.
- Strategic Use of Information Technology for Global Organizations, Hunter, et al. IGI Publishing, New York, 2007. Chapter 5, Page # 103-136.
- Cyr, D., Bonanni, C., Bowes, J., and Ilsever, J. (in press). "Beyond Trust: Website Design Preferences Across Cultures". Journal of Global Information Management.
- Cyr, D., Ilsever, J., Bonanni, C., and Bowes, J. (2004). Website Design and Culture: An Empirical Investigation, Designing for Global Markets 6. Proceedings for the International Workshop for the Internationalization of Products and Systems Conference.
- Ilsever, J., Cyr, D, and Parent M. Extending Models of Flow and E-Loyalty. Submitted to Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, June 2005.