Minimum application requirements
Why is UFV’s cut-off just 65 per cent?
UFV recognizes that most Indian colleges and universities require relatively high cut-off percentages when accepting students. UFV believes that any student should have the opportunity to obtain a great education and to secure their futures; therefore, our entrance policies are more flexible. Many students who had average marks in a theory-based educational model thrive in UFV’s interactive learning environment. While the program is extremely demanding, students who are dedicated to their studies according to faculty recommendations (review strategies for success) usually do very well.
Minimum Application Requirements
- Class 12 average: 65% (from your best five subjects)
- Class 12 English: 65%
- Class 12 Mathematics: 65%
Those who did not complete Mathematics in Class 12, or who did not achieve the required percentage, may be accepted on the condition that they complete the special UFV mathematics upgrading course during the summer, after completion of year one.
|English language entrance proficiency
This BBA program is offered entirely in the English language. Applicants must prove they have a level of English sufficient to participate and be successful in the learning process. Students should feel very comfortable with listening, speaking, reading, and writing in English. Most students will have attended an English medium school during Class 11 and 12, and proficiency may be reassessed in an interview. Any of the following can demonstrate acceptable language proficiency:
- Primary (first) language of English
- Completion of Class 11 and 12 (including graduation) in an English medium senior secondary school
- Graduation with a degree or diploma from an English language accredited post-secondary institution. An official unopened transcript is required.
- IB higher standard English with a minimum grade of 5
- Achievement of the minimum score listed for one of the following tests:
- IELTS: overall score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- TOEFL: iBT 88, computer-based 230, or paper-based 570, plus TWE 4.0
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: competence level of C
- MELAB: minimum 85
(visit www.lsa.umich.edu/eli/testing/melab/ )
- UFV English Language Assessment: placement above ESL 80 level
- Composition Placement Test (CPT) at UFV: score of 48 or higher
- Accuplacer Reading Comprehension & WritePlacer Plus: minimum score of 80 on Reading and minimum score of 8/12 or 6/8 on Writing, depending on the test scale
- ESL WG84 with a C+ or better
- ENGL 099 or CMNS 099 with a C or better
- CCP 081 or CCP091 with a C+ or better
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language): score of at least 70
- CanTEST: minimum 4.5 in Listening and Reading; minimum 4.0 in Writing
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index): minimum 30/40 or a level 5 on the essay section