Computer Information Systems
Computer Information Systems certificate
The CIS certificate is designed to meet the needs of small companies who
require employees with some computer experience.
Entrance requirements for the CIS certificate are the same as those for the
BCIS degree. Please see the BCIS
section for complete details.
Students who do not meet these requirements might consider the Computer
Information Systems Studies
When to apply
Applications are accepted for entrance to the Fall, Winter,
and Summer semesters. For application deadlines, see
Specific intake application
How to apply
1. Submit the application fee along with your UFV application for admission form to the Office of the Registrar (OReg). You can apply online or download an application form at ufv.ca/admissions/admissions/apply. Application forms are also available from any OReg or Student Services office.
Additional documents required for a complete application:
• Proof of B.C. secondary school graduation or equivalent, or permission from the program head.
• Transcript (or interim transcript) showing grade/course achievement as per entrance requirements.
• An official transcript from every post-secondary institution you have attended. To be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly to UFV from the originating institution; see the Transfer Credit section for details. Unofficial copies may accompany the application form if official transcripts have been ordered.
2. Upon admission to the program you will be provided with registration information. A deposit is required when you register (see the Fees and Other Costs section). The deposit will be applied to the tuition fees. Final payment of all course fees is due the end of the second week of classes.
3. In some cases where interim transcripts are submitted, an admission decision may be made conditional upon completion of academic requirements. Proof of completion of entrance requirements is due by the end of the first week in August.
The CIS certificate is available to students who have
completed any 30 credits from the BCIS degree
offerings, including degree program non-CIS courses, at least one half of
which must be CIS or COMP courses. Students who wish to attain the CIS
certificate can choose any 30 credits that meet these requirements, or they may
choose the Web Design and Animation option.
Students entering the program without any computer literacy skills will need to
take CIS 100.
Students who wish to continue on to attain the diploma or degree are advised
to take the courses listed for the first year of the degree or to take courses
that apply as course requirements to the diploma or degree.
For complete details on courses see the
course descriptions section.