Library and Information Technology
Library Technician Post-diploma certificate
The Library Technician Post-diploma certificate is a part-time program designed for library technicians seeking continuing education opportunities that directly address issues relating to their profession. Offered jointly with the Library and Information Technology and Continuing Studies departments, this program is specifically designed to meet the needs of working professionals.
1. Completion of UFV's two-year Library and Information Technology diploma, or a two-year library technician diploma program from a recognized institution that is compliant with the Canadian Library Association Guidelines for the Education of Library Technicians.
2. Applicants must satisfy the English language proficiency requirement. For details on how this requirement may be met, see English language proficiency requirement in the Admissions section of the calendar.
When to apply
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis throughout the year. Qualified applicants are considered for the next intake in which there is space. See Continuous application process for more information.
How to apply
1. Submit the application fee along with your UFV application for admission form to the Office of the Registrar (OReg). You can apply online or download an application form at ufv.ca/admissions/admissions/apply. Application forms are also available from any OReg or Student Services office.
Additional documents required for a complete application:
• UFV application form.
• Official transcript showing evidence of graduation from a two-year library technician program (to be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly to UFV from the originating institution; see the Transfer Credit section for details).
2. Once these documents have been received by the Admissions & Records office, an application date will be recorded and your application will be forwarded to the Library and Information Technology Program.
Basis for admission decision
Applicants who meet the entrance requirements will be admitted in order of
their application date. This date is set when an application, all required
documentation, and the application fee have been submitted.
Fees and additional costs
See the Fees and Other Costs section.
Required courses: 10 credits
||Emergent Library Technologies
||Leadership for Library Technicians
||Promotional Planning for Library Technicians
||Diversity in the Workplace
||Information Rights: Privacy and Freedom
Courses will normally be delivered online over eight weeks.
Students are required to take at least three of the five courses at UFV.
Students are required to have a minimum 2.0 GPA in the courses required for the certificate.
For complete details on courses see the
course descriptions section.