Professional Communication Essentials Certificate
If you've got it, flaunt it.
The certificate will give you the skills to attract attention at work or in school.
This three course, nine-credit certificate is designed for students in programs or in workplace environments that require good communication skills. The certificate focuses on the communication essentials of business writing and public speaking. The writing includes direct, indirect, and persuasive messages, document/webpage design, and emails, memos, letters, and reports. Public speaking includes running meetings, giving oral presentations, and working in teams.
1. One of:
- CMNS 125: Introduction to Workplace Communication
- CMNS 155: Introduction to Workplace and Academic Communication
- CMNS 175: Writing for the Internet
- CMNS 235: Oral Communication
- CMNS 251: Professional Report Writing (or CMNS 250 if taken in 2004/2005)
For more information check the UFV calendar or contact Gayle Noel, Department Assistant at 604-557-4093 or gayle.noel(at)ufv.ca.