If you are a current ESL student, this is your chance to make a video about A New Device or Method for Teaching English. The video can be made with any device such as a video camera, digital camera, or cell phone. There can be up to five students participating in the video production, and the video must be 90 seconds or less in length.
How To Enter
• Sign up for the video contest in the ESL office (room A247). Just list the members of your video team.
• Make a video 90 seconds or less in length about A New Device or Method for Teaching English.
• Make your video with your digital camera, cell phone, or any device that shoots video.
• Upload your video to your YouTube account with the “unlisted” and “no comments” options selected.
• Bring your YouTube link to the ESL office (room A247) by 1:00 P.M., November 20.
• Videos longer than 90 seconds will be disqualified from the contest.
• The videos can have up to five participants (including all actors, camera operators, directors, writers).
• Anyone can participate as long as he or she is a student at UFV.
• The video must be in English.
• The video must contain language and images suitable for all ages.
• The winners will be decided by viewer votes and three instructor judges.
• The prizes cannot be exchanged for something else.
• The video must not contain any copyrighted music and images.
• The most important rule is to use your imagination and have fun!!
Viewing and Voting
• All videos will be put on the ESL Video Contest web page: http://www.ufv.ca/esl/video-contest
• From November 21 to 25 you can vote for your favourite video at the ESL office (room A247).
- 1st Prize: $30.00 gift certificates to the Bookstore -‐ courtesy of UFV International
- 2nd Prize: $20.00 gift certificates to Finnegan’s Pub & Grill -‐ courtesy of Finnegan’s Pub & Grill
- 3rd Prize: UFV t-‐shirts -‐ courtesy of the UFV Bookstore
View the winning videos and enjoy a FREE MEAL!
ESL Lab A245 – 11:45 A.M. to 12:45 P.M. – Wednesday, November 26