|ADVANTAGES AND EXPECTATIONS|
Students enrolled in the Engineering Transfer program will have several advantages. These advantages include:
- Reserved seats in the program's core courses;
- Guaranteed transfer into second year of UBC's and UVIC's engineering schools upon successful completion of the program;
- Students do not have to choose between UBC or UVic until Winter registration.
In receiving the advantages listed above, certain expectations must be met. These include:
|Expectations and restrictions:|
- Students in either ETP are assumed to want to transfer after one academic year (two semesters) and several restrictions are imposed to ensure the reserved seats are held for students intending to do this.
- Students must register in at least six of the required courses each semester
- Students who already have two or more courses from the program are ineligible to register in the ETP program. Students who already have several courses from the ETP can usually get the needed courses through general registration.
- Students who intend to do the courses from the program over two years are not admitted to the program; they will typically be able to get all needed courses through general registration. However these students should make themselves known to the current head of the UFV program so they will be kept informed of relevant changes and options.
- Engineering is a professional discipline; and as such there is zero-tolerance of any violation of the rules of student conduct.