Frequently asked questions

What is the difference between a visa and a study permit?

 Info for international students:

A study permit authorizes you to study at a college/university, and is required for you remain in Canada for the duration of your studies.

A visa allows you to enter Canada. Depending on your citizenship, you may need a visa in addition to a study permit in order to enter Canada as an international student. Please refer to the CIC website for a list of countries whose citizens require a visa.

Learn more about permits and visas

<< Previous | Next >>

Back to Permits and visas FAQ

UFV's main FAQ

Twitter Facebook Linkedin Flikr UFV on Google+ YouTube goUFV