IRVING K BARBER BRITISH COLUMBIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship program is open to student transferring from public colleges, university colleges and institutes to complete their degrees at another public post-secondary institution in B.C.
AMOUNT: $5,000 (up to 150 awarded annually)
The scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis to students who:
- Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents (landed immigrants), convention refugees or protected persons living in Canada as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Are residents of British Columbia
- Have completed the equivalent of two years of full-time study in transferable courses at a B.C. public college, university college or institute. (Two years is defined as successful completion of at least 54 credits, or equivalent, in transferable courses. Information on transferablility of credits is available online through the BC transfer Guide at www.bctransferguide.ca/.)
- Have a cumulative GPA of the equivalent of at least 3.5 for the 54 credits completed, as calculated by the sending intitution. Scholarship awards will be contingent upon confirmation of final grades. (To learn the equivalent of a 3.5 GPA at your institution, please contact your financial awards office.)
- Have clearly demonstrated significant community and/or school involvement, supported by letters of reference submitted along with the application.
As well as the criteria listed above, supplementary conditions of eligibility will be confirmed after the selection process. Selected students will receive the award if, at the time of their enrolment at the receiving institution, they:
- Are accepted into the program of study at the B.C. public degree-granting institution ("Receiving Institution") into which they are applying for admission as a transfer student; and
- Are enrolled in full-time study at the Receiving Institution into which they transfer, based on a confirmation of enrolment that occurs during August and September. Full-time study is defined as 60 per cent of a full course load.
IRVING K BARBER B.C. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
AVAILABLE FROM: UFV Financial Aid and Awards or www.bcscholarship.ca
DEADLINE: March 31. Completed applications and all documentation must be received in the Financial aid and Awards office at the instiution you are transfrerring from (leaving). Faxed application will not be accepted.