IKE BARBER TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship program is open to studentS transferring from public colleges, university colleges and institutes to complete their degrees at another public post-secondary institution in B.C.
AMOUNT: $5,000 (up to 150 awarded annually)
The scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis to students who:
- Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents (landed immigrants), convention refugees or protected persons living in Canada as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Are residents of British Columbia, defined as having one's primary residency at an address in the province for at least the past 12 consecutive months.
- Have completed or are completing the equivalent of two years of full-time study in transferable courses at an eligible sending instituition, and are beginning studies at their receiving institution in the following year. (Two years is defined as successful completion of at least 54 credits, or equivalent, in transferable courses. Information on transferablility of credits is available online through the BC transfer Guide at www.bctransferguide.ca/.) Credits cannot be transferred from a completed 3 or 4 year degree.
- Have a cumulative GPA of the equivalent of at leasta B+ ( 3.5) for the best of any 54 credits completed, regardless of whether the particular credits transfer into their specifice program. Scholarship awards will be contingent upon confirmation of final grades.
- Have clearly demonstrated significant community and/or school involvement, supported by two reference (standardized form)at the time of application.
Students selected for an award will receive the award after the Society confirms directly with the receiving institution that the student is studying full time in the program that was named on their application. Full-time study is defined as at least 60 per cent of a full course load.
Students who take time off between study at their sending and receiving insitution are not eligible for the award, unless the student is able to provide proof of extenuating circumstance (e.g. medical)
IRVING K BARBER B.C. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
AVAILABLE FROM: www.bcscholarship.ca
DEADLINE: March 1
(Completed applications and all documentation must be received in the financial aid office at the instiution you are transfrerring from (leaving). Faxed application will not be accepted.