UFV Registration Step by Step
Follow the six steps below to sign up for courses.
Pay your deposit
Pay your $200 deposit prior to registration time:
- Pay in person at the Office of the Registrar (Admissions), at any campus.
- Pay online through your bank, at least seventy-two hours prior to your registration date, as shown in myUFV. Use your student ID as the payee account number.
Find your registration time
Log in myUFV to find your registration time.
- Select 'Student information'
- Select 'Registration'
- Select 'Check your registration time and availability'
- Select the term from the drop down menu and click 'SUBMIT'
- The time at which you can register will appear, for example: June 23 (2 PM) – Dec 5. You may register anytime during this period. For best course selection, register as early as you can.
Find out which courses you need to take
Review your program's guidelines on the UFV Calendar to make sure you know which courses you need to take.
If you are not sure which courses you need to take to meet your program's requirements, book an appointment with an advisor.
Note that any prerequisites for courses you wish to take must be met at the time of registration. If you do not meet the prerequisite(s) for a course, you may request permission from the instructor.
Build your schedule
Use a timetable worksheet to build your schedule. You can use the Interactive Course Finder to help build your timetable. Be sure to check for time conficts and allow enough time to travel between campuses, if required. You may wish to include your other commitments (work, extra-curriculars) in your worksheet, so you don't overcommit yourself.
Remember that classes that have labs associated with them are like an additional class: each has their own time, location, and CRN. Don’t forget to add them to your timetable, as both CRNs must be entered to register. Failure to enter the lab CRN will result in a link error message.
Register for courses
Register online. Log in myUFV
- Select 'Student information'
- Select 'Register, Add, Drop, Waitlist or Withdraw from a class'
- Select the term from the drop down menu and 'SUBMIT'
- Scroll to the bottom and add all of your CRNs in the blanks provided.
- Select 'Submit changes'. Immediately you’ll see the classes in which you are registered.
If a section (class) is full, you can choose to waitlist from the dropdown menu. Select 'Submit changes' again. Now you will be able to see where you are on the waitlist.
Keep checking your student email for notifications. If you are on a wait list and a place opens for you, claim it as soon as possible.
If you are still waitlisted when classes start, attend the first class and ask the instructor if there will be room for you in the class. If you do not show up on the first day of class, you forfeit your seat.
Attend the first day of classes
You must attend the first meeting of the class for the semester, or notify the instructor in advance if you are unable to attend. If you do not, the instructor may withdraw you from the class.
The instructor is entitled (but not obligated) to withdraw you if you miss the first class. If you are withdrawn for non-attendance at the first class, you will be charged 10% of the tuition fees as a penalty. Please note that it is your responsibility to withdraw yourself from a course if you decide not to take it, not the instructor’s. If you do not attend the class and do not withdraw yourself completely, you will remain responsible to pay full fees for it and will be given a fail (NC) grade.