Interns showing off their rooftop demonstration garden in Chandigarh, India
Internship Partners for Global Development Studies (GDS) and Latin American Studies (LAS)
- Hogar Comunitario Yach’il Antzetic, San Cristóbal De Las Casas; http://yachilantzetic.wordpress.com/
- Yach’il Antzetic provides services to indigenous and mestiza women who have socially unacceptable pregnancies (often the result of rape or incest)or who are marginalized single mothers in violent situations.
- Asociación Cultural Na Bolom, San Cristóbal De Las Casas; http://www.nabolom.org/
- Na Bolom is dedicated to the conservation, development and promotion of the culture and environment of the highlands and Lacandon forest of Chiapas. It works principally with the indigenous communities of Chiapas (especially the Lacandon Maya).
- K’inal Antsetik / Jolom Mayaetik, San Cristóbal De Las Casas; http://www.kinalantsetik.com/jolom.html
- K’inal Antsetik / Jolom Mayaetik is a cooperative of 250 indigenous women weavers and an umbrella organization for several more coops. Various services are provided in the areas of health, human rights, production and marketing and leadership training.
- Puente a la Salud Comunitaria (Bridge to Community Health), Oaxaca; http://www.puentemexico.org/
- Puente a la Salud Comunitaria contributes to food sovereignty and advances the health and well-being of rural communities in Mexico by promoting the cultivation, consumption and commercialization of amaranth.
- Ollin Tlahtoalli, Oaxaca; Director: Omar Núñez Mendez; www.ollinoaxaca.org.mx
- Ollin Tlahtoalli is a language and culture center associated with SFU’s PDP program. The center works to reinforce the pride of children and youth in their indigenous heritage through film-making, art, games and language related activities. It runs a program to preserve oral traditions and oral history within indigenous communities in Oaxaca. It also teaches English to artisans so that they can market their products directly to international visitors.
Check back for more opportunities
Check back for more information