Entrance Requirements for the Diploma Program
Please visit: 2015 Academic Calendar
1. B.C. secondary school graduation or equivalent or minimum age of 19 years of age before the first day of classes.
2. The prerequisite to CMNS 155 or ENGL 105 (please contact the BFA educational advisor for information on meeting this requirement).
3. Applicants must satisfy the English language proficiency requirement. For details on how this requirement may be met, see English language proficiency requirement in the Admissions section of the calendar.
4. Attendance at a program orientation session at the Mission campus. Early applicants: Tuesday April 14, 3:30 pm. Late applicants: Tuesday May 26, 3:30 pm. Note: Early applicants are given priority in the review process.
5. Portfolio of current work with accompanying documentation. GDD 2015 Portfolio Requirements
If the program is full, qualified students will be placed on a temporary waitlist. If you meet the entrance requirements and a space becomes available, you will be contacted. After September 1, the waitlist is void. In cases where interim transcripts are submitted, an admissions decision may be made conditional upon completion of academic requirements. Proof of completion of entrance requirements is due the end of the first week in August.
How do I apply?
The Graphic and Digital Design diploma (GDD) program has an annual intake each fall. Acceptance into the GDD Diploma program is competitive. GDD offers two application deadlines with early applicants given priority in the review process.
- Apply online: Application submission
- Attend a GDD Orientation Session
- Submit a portfolio
GDD 2015 Admissions Guidelines
GDD 2015 Portfolio Requirements
Deadlines for early applicants:
Tuesday March 31: Early Application Deadline Application submission
Tuesday April 14, 3:30 pm: Submit your portfolio and attend the required GDD Orientation Session, Mission Campus.
Admissions are competitive. Early submissions have priority in the review process.
International applicants must meet the early admissions deadlines. Contact UFV International at 604-504-7441 or visit the UFV International website for information about admission. Different fees and procedures apply.
Deadlines for late applicants:
Friday May 15: Late Application Deadline Application submission
Tuesday May 26, 3:30 pm: Submit your portfolio and attend the required GDD Orientation Session, Mission Campus