UFV International tuition refunds & policies
Complete withdrawal from UFV
If you must fully withdraw from UFV for reasons beyond your control, such as an illness or study permit refusal, you have two options:
- You can claim a refund of your tuition fees according to the terms outlined below
- You can transfer your fees to the next semester without any penalties by notifying UFV International before classes begin. To qualify for postponing your studies, you must notify UFV International in writing before classes begin. This applies to both new and current students.
Obtaining a full refund
You can only obtain a full refund of your tuition fees, less the $150 non-refundable application fee and a $100 administration fee if:
- The Canadian Embassy has refused to grant you a study permit
- You’re unable to attend because of medical reasons.
You must notify UFV International in writing before classes begin and provide either a visa rejection letter from the Canadian embassy or a doctor’s note as supporting evidence.
The airport reception fee is fully refunded if we receive your cancellation 24 hours before the expected service date.
The processing time for refunds is approximately four weeks.
Obtaining a partial refund
If you choose not to attend UFV for reasons other than illness or visa rejection, you can obtain a 50% refund by notifying UFV International in writing before classes begin. You can obtain a 25% refund if you notify UFV International in writing within the first two weeks of classes.
If you withdraw from UFV after the first two weeks of classes, you are not entitled to a refund.
Partial withdrawal from UFV
You can withdraw from one or more course, but must remain registered for at least one course.
Fall and Winter semesters
Since you pay a flat fee for the Fall and Winter semesters, withdrawing from one or more classes does not entitle you to a refund, unless you qualify for a reduced course load as outlined below.
In the summer, you pay for courses per credit. If you choose to drop a course but retain at least one course, you can get a refund based on the summer deadline dates outlined on the Admissions and Records website.
Fee penalties range from 0 to 100% and are based on the total tuition fees for the course(s) from which you withdraw. The amount refunded will depend on the amount you paid, less the amount UFV retains.
Reduced course load & per credit tuition payment
To reduce your UFV course load and pay tuition on a per credit basis in a fall or winter semester, you can make a written request with appropriate evidence demonstrating one of the following criteria:
- The full time course load for the semester combines UFV courses and courses at another institution
- Less than the normal course load is required to complete the credential in the last semester of study
- Medical reasons preventing full time study
- Off-campus part-time studies through online course(s).
- Co-op work semesters can include part-time study paid on a per-credit basis.
Unlike the fall and winter semesters, summer semesters are considered optional and provide you with an opportunity to study part time and pay for courses on a per-credit basis (rather than as a flat fee).
Contact us to ask.