Employee Computer Accounts
What is an employee computing account?
- Access to UFV computer resources requires the setup of your own computer accounts.
Primary Employee Computing Accounts
1. UFV Computer Account (access to network and email)
- Your computer/network and email account is based on your username and is confirmed through your Human Resources data.
- Your AD login allows access to UFV network resources while you working on campus or access or via the internet from home.
- The employee AD (Active Directory) computing account is used for logging into:
- A UFV office or lab computer and accessing the the UFV network
- UFV Wireless
- myFiles (off-campus, remote access to the UFV network)
- Your UFV email (web based)
- myWeb (edit the UFV content managment system - by permission only)
2. myUFV Account (access to myUFV Web Services and Blackboard courses)
- Your myUFV / Online Blackboard account is a separate account you can setup on your own.
- Your web services account is based on your employee number and is confirmed through your Human Resources data.
3. my Library Account
- Access online Library Services at My UFV Library Account (Renewals)
- Library Access While on Campus
- Search the Library catalogue
- Check out information on resources, transfers, hold-item availability, outstanding fines, group study room bookings, as well as make interlibrary loan requests.
- STUDENTS use their student number and a 4-digit Library password
- EMPLOYEES use their employee number and a 4-digit Library password
- If you don't know your password, click on Don't know your PIN? and follow the web page instructions
- You can also request your password in person at a UFV Library Circulation Desk
- Library Off-Campus (Proxy) Access
- To log in to the online article indexes and research and government databases:
- NOTE: You must be either registered or employed in the current semester to have access to this information
- STUDENTS use their student number and their 6-digit myUFV password
- EMPLOYEES use their employee number and their 6-digit myUFV password
Request a Computer Account
- A computer account must be setup by the IT Service Desk.
- A department head, dean, director or department assistant submits a request to the IT Service Desk to setup your computer account at the time of your hire.
- NOTE: When you log in for the first time, you are required to change your password (minimum 6 characters) -- YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD WHILE ON CAMPUS AT A UFV COMPUTER WITH EMPLOYEE ACCESS.
- IT Services requires the following information at the time of your department's request:
- First and Last Name
- Employee Number
- Job Title
- Primary Campus
- Office Number
- Telephone Number or Local
- Expiration Date of Account
- Network Access Restrictions
- Special accounts (i.e. Banner. ACM)
- Department G drive access (optional)
- Budget Code (for Print/Copy)
- The IT Service Desk creates a computer account for network and email access.
- A request for a new account will be processed as soon as possible, however it may take up to 10 business days.
- The IT Service Desk sends the username and temporary password to both the department requestor and the new account holder with first-time access instructions.
- IT Services first creates an account used for both computer/network and email access.
- Your username and temporary password is sent to the department requestor and to you as the new computer account holder with first-time access instructions.
- Your Username is usually your lastname first initial.
- Your Password is the IT temporary password until you log into a UFV networked computer where you will be required to change it at first login (6 or more characters).
- Future password changes: press Ctrl+Alt+Del simultaneously when logged into a UFV computer.
Setup a myUFV Account (Online Blackboard Account uses the same information)
- Once you have your employee identification number, you can setup your myUFV account from any web browser.
- Your employee number is found on your UFV Human Resources contract and campus card.
- FIRST TIME USE ONLY, your password is your date of birth in the format of yymmdd. You will be immediately prompted to change your birth date password to your own private password for future access. This password must be exactly six numbers. Remember this password.
- Type my.ufv.ca into a web browser
- Username is your employee ID
- Password: is 6 digit numbers only—Remember: For first time login, your password is set to your date of birth in the format YYMMDD where YY is the last two digits of the year.
- Future password changes: Log in to myUFV, go to Personal Information and choose Change your PIN.