- IT Services assigns a voicemail box number and sends setup instructions once your computer account request is sent to the IT Services Help Desk.
- Follow the voicemail tutorial on your phone to setup your 6-digit passcode, record your greeting, and establish a name for your mailbox.
- More detailed phone and voice mail information is available on the IT Services website.
Retrieving Messages On Campus
- If you travel between campuses, your messages can be retrieved from any phone on any campus by following the instructions for a shared local:
- If you do not share a local, Dial 8*
If you do share a local, dial 4500 or 2800. When you hear the greeting start, Dial * plus your voicemail box number.
- Enter your passcode
- Kept messages will be saved for 7 days and will not activate the message light on your phone
- New messages that have not been played will be saved for 14 days before being deleted
Retrieving Messages Off Campus
- Dial either 604-854-4500 (Abbotsford) or 604-795-2800 (Chilliwack).
- When you hear the greeting start, Dial * plus your mailbox number.
- When prompted, enter your passcode.
Changing Your Name or Passcode
- After entering your mailbox, press U for User Options Menu and either N for Name Menu or P for Passcode.
Recording a Greeting
- After entering your mailbox, press U for the User Options Menu.
- Once in the User Options Menu, press G for the Greetings Menu.
- Listen to the options and choose one of the following options:
- Press 7 to record or change your Primary Greeting
- Press 2 to record or change your Conditional Greetings (what callers here when your line is busy or when you are not there)
- Press 4 to record or enable your Extended Absence Greeting
Extended Absence Greeting
- Summer is the time of year when many of us are out of the office for extended periods of time.
- Before you leave, please change your voicemail greeting to inform callers of your absence.
- Extended absence greetings PREVENT callers from leaving a message in your mailbox while it is enabled.
- While you are gone, if you receive a voice message that is not accessed within the next 14 days, the message will be automatically deleted from the system and is not recoverable.
- If you are going to be away from your office for more than 2 weeks, please include information in your greeting stating the length of time you will be away and suggest an alternative person to contact.