Printing in a UFV computer lab
Step 1: Obtain a Campus Card
- Students must first obtain a Campus Card from the card office.
- Dates, times, and campus locations are listed on the Campus Card website at the start of each semester.
Step 2: Load money onto the Campus Card
- Students are required to pay $0.10 per page when using the lab printers.
- Students must have appropriate funds on their card prior to printing in a computer lab.
- Pre-load the printing and photocopying fund (gold chip) on the Campus Card in the card office, or at the Bookstore.
- NOTE: Campus Cards used for printing in the computer labs ARE compatible with the photocopiers.
Step 3: Send print job to printer
- Send your print job from your computer as you would normally.
- Walk over to the nearest, working print station.
(The printers are on a network so you may access your print job from another lab if the printer you are using is not functional or is out of paper.)
- Insert your Campus Card.
- Enter your username on the monitor beside the printer and click the OK button.
- You will see a list of your print job(s) on the screen. Use the mouse to select (click on) your print job.
- Click on PRINT and your print job will be sent to printer AND money will be deducted from your print card.