The Features Added to UFV Library Catalog
- Dynamic Location Map Display (click the link 'Where is it?')
It displays the item shelving location according to the item’s location, call number and title.
· It shows the item location if the location contains a small collection
o Example 1: Foreign Language Location (no label on map)
o Example 2: Microfilm Cabinet Location (not displayed on map)
· It shows the item shelf location according to its call number, if the locations are 'STACKS', 'REFERENCE'.
o Example 3: A book is in the middle of second shelf from the left on Second Floor.
o Example 4: A book is in the middle of first shelf from the left on Main Floor.
· It shows the item shelf location according to its title, if the location is 'PERIODICAL'
o Example 5: A journal title is in 'T'section.
o Example 6: A journal title starts with 'The American …'.
2. Send Text Message to User’s Cell Phone (click the link 'SMS it?')
· It sends the item’s call#, title and location to the cell phone provided.
o Example 7 : QK 653 F57 2007 DVD, First flower [videorecording]
3. Cite the Book from Library Catalog Page (click the link 'Cite it')
· Display the citation styles if the record contains OCLC number
o Example 8
· Direct the user to 'Cite it' page on WorldCat
o Example 9
- Tag the record into del.icio.us, Google bookmark…
· Permanent link will be tagged in user’s Internet accounts, such as del.icio.us
o Example 10