COPPUL Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement
(see CURBA below)
UFV is a member of COPPUL. COPPUL libraries give borrowing privileges to students, faculty and staff of other partner institutions. These privileges will vary, but will be similiar to community/extramural borrower privileges.
For more information about the consortium visit the COPPUL website.
COPPUL member libraries
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Royal Roads University
Simon Fraser University
Thompson Rivers University
Trinity Western University
University of British Columbia (details)
University of Northern British Columbia
University of the Fraser Valley
University of Victoria
Vancouver Island University
King's University College
Mount Royal University
University of Alberta
University of Calgary
University of Lethbridge
University of Regina
University of Saskatchewan
University of Manitoba
University of Winnipeg
Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement (CURBA)
COPPUL card holders can obtain borrowing privileges at university libraries belonging to three other Canadian consortia. In effect this means that UFV faculty and students will have access to the university libraries across the country. More information on the reciprocal borrowing program.
How to obtain a COPPUL card
- You must have a COPPUL card issued by your own institution (UFV) in order to borrow from other libraries.
- COPPUL cards are available for pickup at the circulation desk.
- Cards can be issued 30 minutes after opening until 30 minutes prior to closing
- To obtain the card, faculty, staff and students should present their UFV student or employee card. Please note, cards will only be issued to students whose UFV Library accounts are in good standing.
- Retired UFV faculty are entitled to a COPPUL card.
- Students at a distance requiring a COPPUL card should request a COPPUL card using our online form; be sure to put "COPPUL card" in the Additional Information box.
- Cards will expire at the end of August each year.
What to expect at other institutions
- You will be asked to present the COPPUL card you obtained from UFV, as well as photo ID. You may also be asked to show your UFV library card.
- You will then be issued a library card for that institution. There may be limits on what you can borrow as well as access to electronic resources.
- Loan periods and fines will be as per the regulations of that institution.
Book returns of non-UFV items are the responsibility of the student or faculty member. They will NOT be handled by the UFV Library.
Information for students of other institutions
- In order to obtain a UFV card, please present your COPPUL card and photo ID.
- You will be able to borrow up to 5 books and 5 other items at a time. You cannot borrow reserves or videos.
- For details on overdue fines, see Borrowing Materials: Community Borrowers.
Revised: August 8, 2017 bp