UNIVERSITY OF THE FRASER VALLEY
SHIPPING & RECEIVING
Shipping & Receiving
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road,
Abbotsford, BC, V2S 7M8
Building D, Room D122
Direct phone line: 604-854-4552
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:30
The multi-campus University of the Fraser Valley has a central receiving located at the Abbotsford campus. All goods received by Shipping are recorded and processed by the Shipper/Receiver, and distributed to the various final destinations by the Material Handlers.
Some materials ordered on Blanket Purchase Orders (BPOs) are delivered directly to the end user department. It is the responsibility of the department to verify that goods received on a blanket purchase order match the items of the order and are listed on the packing slip, and should then forward the packing slip to Finance for processing and record-keeping.
Tracking Incoming Shipments
If you are waiting for an ordered product, and you want to know the status, please contact Purchasing if the item is on a Purchase Order (PO), or contact the supplier if you ordered it yourself, and ask them to trace the shipment.
If you have received confirmation that an item has been received by UFV, but have not yet received it in your office/department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the company of origin name, delivery date, the carrier, and the consignment/waybill number.
Cut-off time for shipments to go out:
- For same-day (more costly) service in the lower mainland: 9:45 AM
- For domestic ground/air service: 2:00 PM
- For international standard/premium: 11:30 AM*
Heavy freight and “hot” freight are handled as needed, and rates and services vary depending on time and destination. Please call Local 4552 for availability and cost information.
* USA and International shipments require a commercial invoice for anything other than documents. Please include a description of the item(s), along with the shipping requisition form for items to be shipped outside of Canada; include the country of origin, value, and purpose, even if there is no commercial value.
Shipping Requisition Forms
- Shipping requisition forms are used for proof of delivery, authorization to charge shipping costs to department of origin budget, and for recording and tracking shipments.
- Attach a shipping requisition to all out-going shipments that are to be handled by a contracted courier, and if tracking or a proof of delivery is required.
- Include a complete street address (in most countries couriers cannot delivery to a post office box), and if available, also provide a phone number and email address (this is particularly useful for residential and for international shipments).
- If shipping collect (recipient to pay the freight), please include the recipient's preferred courier company, their account number, or their credit card to be charged.
Shipping requisition forms can be obtained directly from the Logistics department, or at most departmental offices that have a reception area. You may also request a supply of shipping requisition forms by emailing email@example.com.
For shipping materials via inter-campus, or off-campus where no signature isrequired, please submit a work request online.
Ensure your item(s) are well packed. If you need supplies or assistance, come down to Shipping & Receiving (D122), and we can assist you with packaging materials.
Controlled hazardous materials require proper packaging, labeling, and documentation. Shipping does not have a supply of hazard labels or placards. If possible, please bring the material to be shipped in the original container in which it was received. Shipping will generate the necessary "Transportation of Dangerous Goods" documentation.
- Receiving: Many carriers require a signature for deliveries, and often there isn’t anyone home to sign for personal packages. If you are unable to make other arrangements, it is acceptable to have your personal packages shipped to UFV, as long as there are no charges to UFV, and no complications for UFV Logistics staff. Shipping cannot be held responsible for packages received in damaged condition. If you are expecting a personal shipment, please contact shipping and let us know ahead of time, and when the goods arrive, we will call you to come down to the receiving area and pick the item up.
- Shipping: Logistics cannot ship personal packages on behalf of clients if it requires any additional preparation, documentation, or billing. Packages with pre-printed labels, with freight to be paid by the recipient or on a credit card, are acceptable formats.
When in doubt, or you if require additional information about how to send or receive packages at UFV, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-854-4552.