UNIVERSITY OF THE FRASER VALLEY
WAREHOUSING & STORAGE
UFV has limited general warehouse space located at the Canada Education Park Building W, which is managed jointly by Facilities and Logistics. The material handlers are tasked with the delivery of materials to and from the secure warehouse, and they organize and maintain an inventory of contents.
Due to the large volume of materials requiring storage, and the limited space available, the following guidelines have been implemented:
- Only items expected to be used in the future are permitted in the warehouse; end of life items or materials no longer required should be sent for disposal.
- Requests for storage require an expected date of return to use, and if not removed by that date, the department of origin will be contacted to update the storage request form/record.
- Furniture sent to storage will not be stored for the department of origin, but will become UFV surplus stock for redistribution, as required.
- If contracted services (extra staffing or vehicles) are required to transport items to or from storage, the department of origin will be asked to provide a budget code.
- The warehouse is secure, and access is limited to authorized personnel only.
- No personal storage use; only UFV items are permitted.