There are some events at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre to be aware of, as they affect traffic and parking congestion on and around campus.
May 2017 events:
- May 3: Thomas Rhett Concert: 7:00pm
- May 6: Diljit Dosanj: 7:30pm
- May 11: Mercy Me: 7:00pm
June 2017 events:
- June 1: Dean Brody Concert: 7:00pm
- June 3: Regional Amway Rally: 1:30pm
- June 6 - 7: UFV Convocation: 9:30am & 2:30pm
- June 8: High School Graduation: 3:30pm - 7:00pm
- June 9: High School Graduation: 3:30pm - 7:00pm
- June 10: High School Graduation: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- June 11: High School Graduation: 2:00pm - 5:30pm
July 2017 events:
- July 7: The Offspring Concert
- July 8: I Love the 90s Concert
Renovations: April 24 - September 3, 2017:
Due to renovations on the Abbotsford campus, parking stalls 733 - 744 in lot 6 will be unavailable from April 24 - September 3. For more information on the renovations, please visit the Projects website.
Ride to Live Event:
The Ride to Live charity event will be taking place in UFV’s lot 10 on Sunday, May 28th. To accommodate the event, access to lot 10 will be blocked off from Saturday, May 27th at 8:00pm until the end of the day on Sunday, May 28th. Lot 10 will be reopening on Monday, May 29th.
Parking Services is reserving lot 9 for Baker House guests and residents that use above-ground parking.
Here is some parking information to assist UFV students and employees at the Abbotsford campus when events are taking place next door at the Abbotsford Centre (AC).
- Plan ahead. Go often to AC's event calendar
- Read about upcoming events in commuter alerts and parking advisory notifications in UFVToday.
- Come to campus early.
- Enter and exit from McKenzie Road.
- It is recommended that students and employees park in designated (employee/student/public) Lots 1, 2 and 6-10 to avoid the traffic and the crowds during an event. Regular daily pay parking rates apply all day and evening. Student e-permits and employee permits are valid in these lots.
- Students and employees may park in designated (employee/student/public) Lots 2a, 4 and 5 at regular daily pay parking rates before 4:00 pm and remain parked throughout the evening. Park after 4:00 pm, and you will have to pay the event rate. UFV parking permits are valid in these lots.
- Students and employee permit holders may park in lot 10b (gravel lot).
- Students and employees may park on city streets at Gillis Avenue, College Drive, and McKenzie Road at regular daily pay parking rates until 6:00 pm. After 6:00 pm, either move your vehicle, or pay the event rate. UFV parking permits are not valid on city streets.
- Students and employees will be unable to park at Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow pay parking at AC.
- UFV student e-permits and employee permits are not valid on city streets, or at AC's Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow parking lots.
For more info check out AC's Event Calendar