There are some events at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre to be aware of, as they affect traffic and parking congestion on and around campus.
July 2016 events:
- July 1, 2, 3: Watchtower Convention: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- July 8, 9, 10: Watchtower Convention: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- July 15, 16, 17: Watchtower Convention: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- July 21: BC Summer Games - Opening Ceremony: 7:00pm (athletes arrive between 4:30pm - 6:30pm)
- July 22, 23: BC Summer Games - Athlete Dance: 6:00pm
August 2016 events:
- Aug 20: Kabaddi: Start time TBA
- Aug 27: Punjabi Versa Concert: Start time TBA
- Aug 28: Kabaddi: Start time TBA
September 2016 events:
- Sept 9: Five Finger Death Punch & Papa Roach Concert: 6:45pm
- Sept 18: Blink 182 Concert: 7:00pm
- Sept 30: Professional Bull Riding: 7:30pm
October 2016 events:
- Oct 1: Professional Bull Riding: 7:30pm
- Oct 15: Our Lady Peace and I Mother Earth Concert: 7:00pm
- Oct 18: John Fogerty Concert: 7:30pm
- Oct 20: Slayer Concert: 7:00pm
November 2016 events:
- Nov 16: Mamma Mia Musical: 7:30pm
- Nov 23: Celtic Thunder Concert: 7:30pm
BC Summer Games:
BC Summer Games events will be taking place on and around the UFV Abbotsford campus July 21 – 23. To accommodate the events, parking and road access will be restricted in some areas.
On Thursday, July 21st, lot 10 will be blocked off to accommodate the Opening Ceremonies and Provincial Reception shuttle parking and staging area. To accommodate the Opening Ceremony parade, access to University Way will be blocked off from approximately 6:50pm – 7:10pm and 8:30pm – 8:45pm. During this time, employees and students parked in lots 1 and 2 can exit the lots via College Drive or through lot 10b onto Gillis Avenue. On Friday, July 22nd and Saturday July 23rd, lots 4 and 5 will be blocked off to accommodate the Athletes’ Dance shuttle parking and staging area. To see specific parking lot locations, please view the Abbotsford campus map. Please direct any questions to Parking Services at email@example.com.
Here is some parking information to assist UFV students and employees at the Abbotsford campus when events are taking place next door at the Abbotsford Centre (AC).
- Plan ahead. Go often to AC's event calendar
- Read about upcoming events in commuter alerts and parking advisory notifications in UFVToday.
- Come to campus early.
- Enter and exit from McKenzie Road.
- It is recommended that students and employees park in designated (employee/student/public) Lots 1, 2 and 6-10 to avoid the traffic and the crowds during an event. Regular daily pay parking rates apply all day and evening. Student e-permits and employee permits are valid in these lots.
- Students and employees may park in designated (employee/student/public) Lots 2a, 4 and 5 at regular daily pay parking rates before 4:00 pm and remain parked throughout the evening. Park after 4:00 pm, and you will have to pay the event rate. UFV parking permits are valid in these lots.
- Students and employee permit holders may park in lot 10b (gravel lot).
- Students and employees may park on city streets at Gillis Avenue, College Drive, and McKenzie Road at regular daily pay parking rates until 6:00 pm. After 6:00 pm, either move your vehicle, or pay the event rate. UFV parking permits are not valid on city streets.
- Students and employees will be unable to park at Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow pay parking at AC.
- UFV student e-permits and employee permits are not valid on city streets, or at AC's Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow parking lots.
For more info check out AC's Event Calendar