There are some events at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre to be aware of, as they affect traffic and parking congestion on and around campus.
December 2016 events:
- Dec 18: Christmas Confetti Ball: 7:00pm
January 2016 events:
- Jan 14: T.I. Concert: 7:30pm
- Jan 27: Lifeway Christian Women's Event: 7:00pm
- Jan 28: Lifeway Christian Women's Event: 8:30am
February 2016 events:
- Feb 6: W.W.E. Sporting Event: 6:30pm
- Feb 10: Marianas Trench Concert: 7:30pm
- Feb 11: Bubble Guppies Family Show: 1:00pm
- Feb 16: Billy Talent Concert: 7:00pm
- Feb 24: Harlem Globetrotters: 7:00pm
- Feb 26: Harlem Globetrotters: 2:00pm
March 2016 events:
- Mar 2: Tom Cochrane Concert: 8:00pm
- Mar 17: Rock the Nation Concert: 8:00pm
April 2016 events:
- April 15: Vaisakhi Concert: Start time TBD
- April 21: Kip Moore Concert: 6:30pm
- April 22: I Love the 90's Concert: 7:30pm
June 2016 events:
- Jun 1: Dean Brody Concert: 7:00pm
Here is some parking information to assist UFV students and employees at the Abbotsford campus when events are taking place next door at the Abbotsford Centre (AC).
- Plan ahead. Go often to AC's event calendar
- Read about upcoming events in commuter alerts and parking advisory notifications in UFVToday.
- Come to campus early.
- Enter and exit from McKenzie Road.
- It is recommended that students and employees park in designated (employee/student/public) Lots 1, 2 and 6-10 to avoid the traffic and the crowds during an event. Regular daily pay parking rates apply all day and evening. Student e-permits and employee permits are valid in these lots.
- Students and employees may park in designated (employee/student/public) Lots 2a, 4 and 5 at regular daily pay parking rates before 4:00 pm and remain parked throughout the evening. Park after 4:00 pm, and you will have to pay the event rate. UFV parking permits are valid in these lots.
- Students and employee permit holders may park in lot 10b (gravel lot).
- Students and employees may park on city streets at Gillis Avenue, College Drive, and McKenzie Road at regular daily pay parking rates until 6:00 pm. After 6:00 pm, either move your vehicle, or pay the event rate. UFV parking permits are not valid on city streets.
- Students and employees will be unable to park at Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow pay parking at AC.
- UFV student e-permits and employee permits are not valid on city streets, or at AC's Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow parking lots.
For more info check out AC's Event Calendar