There are some events at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre to be aware of, as they affect traffic and parking congestion on and around campus.
April 2017 events:
- April 8: FMX Motorcross: 7:30pm
- April 21: Kip Moore Concert: 6:30pm
- April 22: I Love the 90's Concert: 7:30pm
- April 23: Sirhind Di Deewar Play: 7:00pm
- April 29: TWU Convocation: 1:00pm
May 2017 events:
- May 3: Thomas Rhett Concert: 7:00pm
- May 6: Diljit Dosanj: 7:30pm
- May 11: Mercy Me: 7:00pm
June 2017 events:
- Jun 1: Dean Brody Concert: 7:00pm
Renovations: April 24 - September 3, 2017:
Due to renovations on the Abbotsford campus, parking stalls 733 - 744 in lot 6 will be unavailable from April 24 - September 3. For more information on the renovations, please visit the Projects website.
Here is some parking information to assist UFV students and employees at the Abbotsford campus when events are taking place next door at the Abbotsford Centre (AC).
- Plan ahead. Go often to AC's event calendar
- Read about upcoming events in commuter alerts and parking advisory notifications in UFVToday.
- Come to campus early.
- Enter and exit from McKenzie Road.
- It is recommended that students and employees park in designated (employee/student/public) Lots 1, 2 and 6-10 to avoid the traffic and the crowds during an event. Regular daily pay parking rates apply all day and evening. Student e-permits and employee permits are valid in these lots.
- Students and employees may park in designated (employee/student/public) Lots 2a, 4 and 5 at regular daily pay parking rates before 4:00 pm and remain parked throughout the evening. Park after 4:00 pm, and you will have to pay the event rate. UFV parking permits are valid in these lots.
- Students and employee permit holders may park in lot 10b (gravel lot).
- Students and employees may park on city streets at Gillis Avenue, College Drive, and McKenzie Road at regular daily pay parking rates until 6:00 pm. After 6:00 pm, either move your vehicle, or pay the event rate. UFV parking permits are not valid on city streets.
- Students and employees will be unable to park at Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow pay parking at AC.
- UFV student e-permits and employee permits are not valid on city streets, or at AC's Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow parking lots.
For more info check out AC's Event Calendar