This section specifies the major discipline requirements only. Information on additional Bachelor of Arts requirements begins in this section. Please check the Bachelor of Arts residency section of the calendar for how many upper-level credits must be completed at UFV in order to graduate with this program.
Declaration of Psychology as a major
Students wishing to declare a major in Psychology must complete PSYC 101, PSYC 102, and PSYC 110 with a minimum C grade in each course, prior to their formal declaration.
Lower-level requirements: 19 credits
- PSYC 101 Introduction to Psychology I 3 credits
- PSYC 102 Introduction to Psychology II 3 credits
- PSYC 110* Statistical Analysis in Psychology 3 credits
- PSYC 202** Research Methods in Psychology 4 credits
- Plus two of: PSYC 221, PSYC 241, PSYC 250, PSYC 280***
Note* STAT 104 or STAT 106 may be substituted for PSYC 110.
Note** This requirement may be met by PSYC 210 if previously completed.
Note*** This requirement may be met by PSYC 220 if previously completed.
Upper-level requirements: 30 credits
Thirty credits of 300 and 400 level psychology, including:
- PSYC 408 or PSYC 308 (previously offered)
- No more than eight credits may be in directed studies.
Note: Students transferring to UFV with psychology credits from another institution should seek advice from an Arts advisor ot the psycholgoy department head in order to determine how their previous work can be used toward fulfilling the current requirements.
Note: Unless otherwise stated, the minimum grade accepted in all course prerequisites in C-.