The Purchasing Division is your resource for the procurement of goods and services needed to support UFV’s instructional and operational activities. Our staff is committed to supporting UFV’s faculty, staff and students; ensuring value for money in purchasing by:
- Providing a source of reliable information and advice on purchasing management and Canadian laws governing the sales of goods, competitive bidding and contracts.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance value and reduce total costs by leveraging aggregate volumes, developing specifications and quality standards, and sourcing competitively to obtain best value.
- Developing common contracts across UFV departments; and seeking to develop partnership with other public institutions where group contracts are mutually beneficial.
- Developing policies and guidelines to ensure cost effective procurement methods.
- Benchmarking purchasing performance and developing purchasing knowledge and skills.
The duties and expertise of supply professionals at UFV goes well beyond the acquisition of goods and services, extending into areas such as:
- supply management law
- tenders and requests for proposals
- contract development/contract management
- cost/price analysis
- supplier evaluation
- trend analysis
- performance measurements
- inventory control
- supply management systems
We endeavor to carry out our duties in an open, transparent and fair environment, and to be courteous and responsive to all who seek our assistance.