UFV Research Support
Teaching Research Option (RO)
Scholarly Activity Option (SA)
Research Option and Scholarly Activity (ROSA) Application Workshop
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
10 am – 12 pm, Room B121
The Research, Engagement and Graduate Studies department will be facilitating a workshop to offer information and tips to faculty members interested in applying for either a research option or scholarly activity release for the 2017 – 2018 academic year.
To register, please email Kelly.email@example.com
The deadline for Research Option and Scholarly Activity applications is Monday, October 31, 2016. Handbook guidelines and application forms can be found on our website at www.ufv.ca/research/faculty/research-optionscholarly-activity/ .
VP Academic Task Force on Research & Scholarship Recommendations
Application Information for the 2017/18 Academic Year
Below is detailed information for teaching faculty members on how to submit an application for an RO or SA release for the 2017/18 academic year:
- Application Deadline is Monday October 31, 2016.
- Determine which application stream best fits your proposal.
- The application form has all instructions and guidelines.
- Complete the Research Option and Scholarly Activity Option Form. There is a separate form for major grant holders.
- Send a copy of your application package to your Department Head and Dean for their information.
- Submit your application by emailing ROSA.firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to attach all supporting documents. Your email with the application is considered the signed application form.
- Once submitted, applications will be distributed to the appropriate subcommittee.
- The Teaching Faculty Research Option subcommittee and the Scholarly Activity Option subcommittee function as separate committees.
- As in the past, the 80 releases in total available to both committees will continue to be used to support approved research and scholarly activities.
Review of applications will normally be completed by January 31, 2017.
ROSA Application Guidelines Handbook 2017-2018
ROSA Application Form 2017 - 2018
ROSA Grant Holders Application Form 2017-18
RO SA Request to Change Form 2016-17
ROSA Application Slideshow 2015
Final research reports for the 2015-16 year are required and must be submitted to the Research Office by September 12, 2016. A reminder email, along with a report template and instructions, will be sent to faculty who receive Research Option or Scholarly Activity releases.
If you are submitting a final report for your 2015-2016 Research Option, please use the RO Faculty Report Form 2015-2016 template.
If you are submitting a final report for your 2015-2016 Scholarly Activity or Scholarly Activity Grant, please use the SA Faculty Report Form 2015-2016 template.
Please email ROSA.email@example.com.