UFV Campus Security
UFV Campus Security is committed to providing a safe and secure learning, living, and working environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors of the University of the Fraser Valley.
Our mission is to protect and ensure the safety of the UFV community including all physical and intellectual resources belonging to UFV. This is made possible through close collaborative efforts between Security’s management team and UFV’s security service provider, Securiguard, in addition to strong community partnerships, and a live, 24/7 operations centre.
We are a team comprised of qualified and dedicated in-house security professionals, licensed under the BC Security Services Act. We provide a range of services, including First Aid, and are responsible for providing security services to all UFV campuses, including Residence and the Student Union Building located on the Abbotsford campus.
UFV Campus Security is focused on creating a culture of crime prevention, security awareness, and a strong sense of security to everyone within the UFV community.
In the event of a power or internet outage, please call the Security analog phone line at 604-824-2156.
UFV Security and Safety Tips
Evening class safety tips from the UFV Security Team.
- Always let someone know where you’re going, your expected travel time, and how long you plan on being on campus in the evening
- If you know you’ll be out late, try and wear reflective or bright clothing to make yourself more visible to drivers and others.
- Plan your travel route before you leave. By knowing exactly where you are going you’ll reduce your travel time and appear more confident and purposeful while moving around campus and attending classes.
- Add a small flashlight to your keychain to use in case of an emergency.
- Always have your keys in your hand to allow quick entry into your car.
- We recommend always having someone, or a group of people, that you trust and travel with at night. The saying, “safety in numbers” is really true - especially at night.
- Always walk in well-lit, highly visible areas.
- Stay in familiar areas and avoid shortcuts.
- Security will provide a safe walk by simply calling the Security Operation Center at 1.855.239.7654.
- Red signs like the one at top right of this page are placed at all of our campus locations with important phone numbers, please become familiar with where they are located.
Cars on Campus
- Never leave valuable items in your car in open view.
- Park in well-lit areas. This is an important step to remember throughout the day. It is easy to forget to park in safe areas during the day, so check to see if the area will be safe when you return at night.
- Always make note of where you park so you can easily locate your car when leaving.
- Women's designated parking stalls are available in the evenings after 4:30pm in Lot 6 and Lot 7
- Women's designated parking stalls are available in the evenings after 4:30pm in Lot 6 and Lot 7 (immediately north of Building A west, and east of Building A east) on the Abbotsford campus.
- Lot 7 is a designated employee area during the day.
Always be aware of your surroundings. One big distraction to avoid is using your cell phone at night while on campus or leaving the campus. If you must use an electronic device, try to keep it out of plain site and make use of Bluetooth devices and headphones to keep your hands as free as possible.
If you have questions or concerns please call security at 1-855-239-7654
Notice of Temporary Relocation of Security Office
Please note that due to planned renovations in Building B, the Abbotsford Campus Security office will be temporarily relocated to Building D, room 104 from November 14th 2016 until March 1st 2017. If you have any questions about the relocation or any security related matter, please contact the UFV Security Operations Centre by calling 1-855-239-7654 (24 hours/day).
Notice of Change in Security Service Provider
Effective September 1, 2016 UFV welcomes new Campus Security Service provider, Securiguard.