What is The Standout?
The Standout is UFV's Leadership Magazine, recognizing UFV Students and Alum. Introduced in 2009, this magazine is a Student Engagement Initiative by Student Life. Student Engagement provides a variety of programs and opportunities to promote leadership skills and recognize leaders.
There are a variety of students involved in numerous activities, and quite often their experiences and accomplishments may go unrecognized. The goal of this magazine is to annually identify as many UFV students and alum who have modeled extraordinary leadership within various activities they are involved in; this includes on- or off-campus activities, research positions, travel, internships & more.
Do you know a student who has excelled and experienced a leadership opportunity that has impacted their education? Nominate to feature this student in The Standout.
Nominations are now CLOSED until November 2014.
What CRITERIA does a nominee need to meet?
In order to be featured in The Standout magazine the individual or student organization must:
- Be a current student; an alumni or a part of a recognized student organization.
- Not be featured in the previous year’s magazine.
- Be a part of one of the following categories:
- Individual (student or alumni)
- Student Organization
- Group (this includes any recognised group of students; for example Resident Assistants (RAs), SLGs, Peer Mentors etc)
- Have a complete nomination submitted by a UFV faculty, staff, student or alumni, indicating why the nominee(s) should be featured in the magazine.
- Complete a write up based on the guidelines provided (this information will be provided once the nomination is accepted).
- Provide all additional information including photos and contract.
- Be available for photo sessions based on the details provided (this information will be provided once the nomination is accepted).
- Complete all of the above items by the indicated deadlines.
You may only submit a maximum of three nominations. All nominations will be reviewed by The Standout Committee and all nominees and nominators will be notified about the status of their nomination.