Instructional Skills Workshop with Chinese ESL Teachers - Nov 2014
Call for Facilitators, ETUG Fall 2014 Workshop,
Nov 13, BCIT Downtown
The Educational Technology Users Group (ETUG) is a community of BC post-secondary educational practitioners focused on the ways in which learning and teaching can be enhanced through technology.
Here are some ideas for formats for your 40-minute Unconference sessions:
- Show and Tell: about a great app, a project, or anything you think people ought to see
- Group Discussion: about a juicy topic that matters
- My Big (or Little) Question: invite others to help you answer it..
- Mini-hack Session: present a problem , invite others to generate hands-on solutions .
- Ed Tech Speed-dating: facilitate a fast-paced, round-robin “speed dating”-type session to allow participants to connect with many others in a short period of time – perhaps sharing strategies or technologies used in practice.
- Case Study: showing innovation in your work or at your institution
- Thinking Session: ask participants to brainstorm solutions to challenges you’ve dealt with, or are dealing with, in your practice. Invite participants to design or create something together; e.g., assignment, grading rubric, policy, process strategy, etc.
- World Cafe: Try a new spin on the group discussion by hosting a mini-World Cafe. More info on the World Cafe format.