Abbotsford campus commuter & parking advisory:
Wed, May 1, 7 pm — Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
Thu, May 23, 7:30 pm — Carrie Underwood
Daily Parking: Students and employees may purchase daily parking and park in lots 1, 4-6, 8-10, or on city streets at Gillis Avenue, College Drive, and McKenzie Road. Note: UFV parking permits are not valid on city streets.
UFV parking permit holders: Student and employee parking permit holders may park in lot 10b (gravel lot), or in designated (employee/student/public) lots 1, 2, 6-10. Note: UFV parking permits are not valid on city streets.
For more details, see the AESC events calendar http://www.abbotsfordcentre.ca/calendar.aspx and suggested event parking tips below.
Pay parking is in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the Abbotsford King Road campus, Chilliwack Yale Road campus, and off campus in Abbotsford on some neighbouring city streets.
- Short term visitor pay parking is available in designated lots and stalls at Abbotsford campus and Canada Education Park campus
- For short term visitor parking rates see meter rates
- Designated stalls for drivers with disabilities are reserved for SPARC permit holders only, and must be displayed
- Vehicles found parked in these stalls without the correct permits are subject to ticketing and towing
Women’s Designated Parking
- Women's designated parking stalls are available in the evenings in Lot 6 and Lot 7 (immediately north of Building A west, and east of Building A east) on the Abbotsford campus
- Lot 7 is a designated employee lot during the day
- Designated carpool stalls are available at both Abbotsford campus and Canada Education Park campus
- Student and Employee carpool permits are $150 per semester
- Payment is to be made at Facilities Services in room B150 on the Abbotsford campus
- A minimum of three registrants is required
- Permit is transferable between the registered vehicles
- One permit is issued per carpool
- A $10 replacement fee will be charged for all lost/stolen permits
- For other ways of getting around, check out alternative transportation
- Designated stalls for motorcycles are located in various parking lots on Abbotsford campus and Canada Education Park campus
- Motorcycle parking is free in designated motorcycle parking stalls
Electric Vehicle Parking
- Electric vehicles with battery only and requires an external power source for recharging. No fossil fuel is used with these vehicles.
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles with battery and fossil fuel engine. Battery requires an external power source for recharging.
- The above two forms of Electric Vehicles are approved by UFV (by permit only) to park in designated EV Parking Stalls.
- Other forms of Hybrid Electrical Vehicles rely on fossil fuel engine to recharge the battery. This vehicle is not equipped with an external source for recharging. This form of Hybrid is NOT approved for permit parking in designated UFV EV parking stalls.
Abbotsford Off Campus Parking
- On-street daily pay parking on Gillis Avenue, College Drive and McKenzie Road is maintained by the City of Abbotsford
- Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow daily pay parking at the AESC is maintained by AESC
- UFV student e-permits and employee permits are not valid
UFV Parking Changes Fall 2010
- No in/out privileges on campus or between campuses when daily pay parking (meter or by phone)
- On-street daily pay parking in Abbotsford on College Way, Gillis Avenue, and McKenzie Road
- New Meter Rates (Abbotsford Campus and On-Street & Canada Education Park Campus)
- $1 for every two hour period
- $1 for every four hour period, McKenzie Road only
- Pay for daily parking by phone at 1-866-234-7275
- New Student e-Permit Rate
- Gravel Lot 10b designated permit parking only (student/employee)
- Permit parking is permitted on campus lots only (student/employee)
- On-street daily pay parking is limited to 6 pm on Event days after which time -Event parking rates will apply
- Women's designated parking is available in certain areas of Lot #6 and Lot #7 after 4:30 pm. (Lot #7 is a designated employee parking area during the day.)