Return to campus — information and updates »

Centre for Accessibility Services

Register for support

Register with CAS

Click here to complete our Pre-Intake form.

Once complete, you will be contacted to schedule an intake appointment with an Advisor.

To receive accommodations at the University of the Fraser Valley, students with disabilities must register with the Centre for Accessibility Services. If you wish to register with CAS, please be sure to speak with an advisor at least four months in advance of attending UFV. This will enable us to review your documentation, create an individualized accommodation plan, contact your instructors, and put into place any technology needs you may have.

Documentation of a disability is a crucial step to being registered with the Centre for Accessibility Services. After reviewing the documentation requirements outlined below, please complete the PRE-INTAKE FORM. Upon completion, a representative from CAS will contact you to schedule an appointment.

Documentation requirements

Documentation must come from a specialist such as a physician, registered psychologist, or psychiatrist and include:

  1. Specific diagnosis;
  2. Description of the severity and prognosis of the disability;
  3. A statement regarding the educational impact of the disability.

In most cases, the documentation must be no more than 3 years old. Psychoeducational Assessments are considered valid for a period of 5 years if it was conducted before the age of 18.

Students with a Learning Disability

The Ministry of Advanced Education has deemed that students must provide a psychoeducational assessment that is no more than 5 years old as evidence of a learning disability. This assessment must be done by a registered psychologist or a certified school psychologist in the Province of British Columbia. The psychoeducational assessment must list a DSM-V diagnosis and must show the testing psychologist's signature, credentials, and registration number.

If you have been tested in the last five years or were over the age of 18 when you were diagnosed with a learning disability, you will not need to provide a new psychoeducational assessment.

Please contact an Advisor for more information on the documentation requirements for a student with a learning disability.

If appropriate documentation is outdated or unavailable, the Centre for Accessibility Services may provide provisional accommodation for one semester only, pending receipt of suitable documents.

Students with Physical and Mental Health Disabilities

Documentation for physical and mental health disabilities should be provided by a physician or psychiatrist.

Acceptable documentation of disability must:

  • Be less than 3 years old;
  • Clearly state the diagnosed disability;
  • Must indicate the educational impact;
  • Must be signed by the physican or psychiatrist.

Contact Us