Student Records Information

Aboriginal student self-identification
Change of address
Enrolment verification
Course numbering
Important student record dates
Name change

Release of Information
UFV Continuance Policy
UFV student ID number

UFV student ID number

Your nine-digit student ID number is your unique identifier at UFV, giving you access to university services and information. A student ID number is assigned to you when you have been admitted to UFV, and is included on all letters sent to you by UFV Office of the Registrar. It is also recorded on your campus ID card, which you are required to obtain at the start of each year.

You'll need to know your student ID number in order to log in to myUFV where you can register for courses, pay fees, access your UFV student email account, and more. Keep your student ID number secure and confidential so that only you can access your student record.

What do I do if I have lost or misplaced my student number?

If you have forgotten or misplaced your student ID number, you can fax or mail a signed request to the Office of the Registrar. Please include your name, birth date, address, and phone number. Alternately, you can call us at 604.854.4501 or visit us in person at any Office of the Registrar. A government-issued photo ID will be required.


Back to Top


Obtain your final grades for the current semester, as well as previous courses, grades, and test scores, through myUFV. Final grades are not mailed, except by request.

Fall semester grades should be available by early January. Winter semester grades should be available by the end of April. Summer semester grades should be available by late August.

The UFV Grading System can be viewed under UFV Policies at the University Secretariat page under .

If you disagree with the grade you receive, you may appeal it. See the Academic Appeal Guide for details.

A course and accompanying grade may not be deleted from the permanent record, except as follows:

  • An instructor may change the grade of a student with the consent of the appropriate dean.
  • A late withdrawal may be granted in extenuating circumstances. If granted, a grade of “W” (Withdrawal) is assigned. See Course Withdrawal 

Note: Although grades for all attempted courses remain on the student’s permanent record, only the higher grade of a repeated course is calculated into the GPA.


Back to Top

Course Numbering

A consistent numbering system is used at UFV.  The course number indicates the course level, as follows:

Less than 100: Pre-undergraduate level (preparatory or developmental)

100 – 199:        Undergraduate (post-secondary), first year (lower level)

200 – 299:        Undergraduate, second year (lower level)

300 – 399:        Undergraduate, third year (upper level)

400 – 499:        Undergraduate, fourth year (upper level)

500 – 599:        Post-baccalaureate (not graduate level)

600 and above: Graduate degree level courses  

 Three digit numbers are not used for Continuing Education non-credit courses.

Back to Top 


Your transcript is your official record of courses taken and grades earned.

An official transcript will be needed if you are transferring to another institution. We recommend that you order transcripts to be sent directly to the institution whenever possible. Official transcripts can be sent via mail, courier, fax or picked up on campus at any UFV Office of the Registrar. Please note that UFV does not email transcripts.

Transcript production and availability

Transcripts are produced in Chilliwack. Please allow a minimum of 3 business days for transcripts to be processed. Make sure to allow for processing and delivery time.

Ordering a transcript

Transcripts for student pick up on Abbotsford, Mission or Chilliwack campuses or standard mail delivery may now be ordered online through myUFV.


You can make a request to any of the OReg offices by any of the following methods: 

*This option is only available if you want your transcript to be sent directly to another BC public post-secondary institution.

Download a Transcript Request form (pdf).

Picture ID is required in order to pick up transcripts. If a 3rd party will be picking up your transcript, please ensure you have completed the “3rd Party Authorization” section of the request form and that they have picture ID.


Transcripts are $10.00 per copy.

Additional charges apply for increased services:

  • Fax: $15.00 additional fee
  • Rush (next day service): $15.00 additional fee
  • Courier:
      • Within Canada - $25
      • USA - $30
      • International - $35

Back to Top

Change of address

Address changes can be submitted through myUFV or by completing a Personal Information Change (pdf) and submitting it, with a signature, to one of the OReg offices.


Back to Top

Name change

If your name has been legally changed, please submit a completed Personal Information Change‌ (pdf) to the Office of the Registrar along with one of the following supporting documentation:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Certificate of change of name
  • Driver's license
  • Passport or immigration document (e.g. Permanent Resident or Canadian citizenship card)

Back to Top

T2202A FAQ

What is a T2202A?

A T2202A is a tax form which contains the amount of eligible tuition and/or fees paid for the tax year as well as the number of months a student was registered in full or part-time studies.

What do you need to know? 

2017 T2202As are now available.

Your T2202A will not be mailed. Your tax form will be made available on myUFV. To access your T2202A, pease login and make the following selections: 

» Student Information
» Canadian Tax Forms
» T2202A Tax Credit Form

Please note that the tax form will open in a new window as a PDF. Ensure your pop-up blockers are disabled to view and print the form.

Why is some of my tuition not on my T2202A?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has guidelines that determine which courses and/or fees are eligible and UFV must follow these guidelines. For that reason, the tuition for some courses will not be noted on your T2202A form. This may affect the tuition amount you are eligible to claim as well as your full/part-time months. As an example, Upgrading and English as a Second Language (ESL) courses do not qualify for tuition amounts and will not be included in the calculation of full or part-time months.

For more information about course eligibility, please see the following links: Tuition Tax Credit and Education Tax Credits.

Why does my T2202A have Number of Months noted?

The number of months is used to calculate the education tax credit and textbook tax credit when you do your taxes. You can claim only one education amount for each month; either full or part-time. Your eligible months will be listed under the appropriate column on your T2202A. The calculation is as follows:

Full-time: registered in a qualifying program (or eligible courses) that lasts at least 3 consecutive weeks and requires a minimum of 10 hours of instruction or work (does not include study time) per week.

Part-time: registered in a qualifying program (or eligible courses) that lasts at least 3 consecutive weeks and requires a minimum of 12 hours of instruction or work (does not include study time) per month.

Back to Top

Enrolment verification

Is available online through your myUFV account. Simply log into your account go to "Student Information, "Student Records" and select "View/Print Enrolment Verification". You can then select the term and click "Continue". 

Note: CPP disability benefits forms cannot be completed until classes begin.


Back to Top

Release of information

UFV requires signed authorization by the student before any information about a student is released to a third party. Please complete all information on the Release of Information form (pdf) and sign that you authorize University of the Fraser Valley to release your selected information. Note that the maximum life span of a release form is one (1) year.


Back to Top

Aboriginal student self-identification

At UFV, students of Aboriginal ancestry can choose to self-identify so that they may benefit from supportive programs and services. By doing so, students also enable UFV to identify, review, and analyze data that will contribute to improved programs and services for Aboriginal learners. More info...


Back to Top

Twitter Facebook Linkedin Flikr UFV on Google+ YouTube goUFV