Rogers Mobile Migration project has now begun. During this project, ITS will replace all UFV owned Telus devices with a Rogers mobile device and assist in the transition between providers.
Approved UFV employees will be moved automatically to a basic plan with Rogers Mobility that will include unlimited Canada-wide Talk & Text and 5GB of data per month.
The project will take place in several phases beginning in October 2019.
Employees that currently have a UFV Telus device are asked to complete the following 24 hours before mobile pick up in preparation for the transition to Rogers:
Back Up your Phone
For Apple Devices: Back up your device to iCloud* (recommended)
For Android Devices: Back up your device using Google and backup your photos using Google Photos
*Please note you may be required to pay for additional space when using iCloud.
Mobile Pick Up
As soon your device is ready, you will receive an email with a proposed time and location for pick up and initial configuration. When you arrive please have the following ready:
- Google/Apple ID username and password. Username is typically your non-UFV email address registered to your Apple/iCloud or Google Account. UFV Employees are asked not to use a UFV email address.
If you have misplaced your username or password visit the following support pages:
Apple ID Username Support | Apple Password Support | Google Username and Password Support
- Bring your UFV username and password that you use to log on to email/UFV Computer
- Bring your UFV Telus device with you, UFV owned devices will need to be returned when employees receive their new device
After Mobile Pick Up / Returning Old Device
Your old device should be returned to IT Services located in Building B, room 244 within 48 hours of receiving your new Rogers device. Please complete the following steps before turning in your device:
- Disable “Find my iPhone”. Go to: Settings – Apple ID – Find MY iPhone - OFF
- Sign-out of the old device before wiping the device. Go to: Settings – Apple ID- SIGN OUT
- Erase all content and settings before returning old device. Go to: Setting – General – Reset – ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS
- Sign out of your google account before wiping the phone. Go to: Settings – Accounts- SIGN OUT
- Erase all content and settings before returning old device. Go to: Settings - Backup and reset - FACTORY DATA RESET