Back to Job postings
||Manager, Digital Experience
||University Relations, Marketing
||100% full-time, Excluded, Permanent
||May 17, 2019
||Appropriate placement on the excluded salary scale
The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is nationally recognized for its emphasis on teaching excellence, experiential and applied education, community engagement, and Indigenization. UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students. With six campuses and centres, UFV offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts, sciences, and professional studies, as well as trades and technology education, university preparation, and continuing education.
At UFV, we are dedicated to changing lives and building community. Our educational goals are to prioritize learning everywhere; be flexible and responsive; collaborate across boundaries; develop local and global citizenship; and integrate experiential learning. A British Columbia “Top Employer”, we are committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and dynamic learning and working environment that is fair and respectful of everyone. Our culturally diverse employee and student populations reflect the local, national, international and Indigenous communities we serve. If you see yourself as a lifelong member of a community that values and nurtures innovation and creativity, cultivates leadership and citizenship, and where success builds on success, you belong at UFV.
The Digital Experience Manager is responsible for executing and managing the operations of UFV’s digital properties with a focus on user experience, content strategy, digital design and front-end development. The Digital Experience Manager will architect a digital ecosystem that allows to UFV to develop and sustain a high degree of online engagement with its audiences and stakeholders
As the Digital Experience Manager, you will collaborate with teams composed of marketing strategists, content creators, graphic designers, web developers, and stakeholder units of students, faculty, and staff, to create a seamless and engaging digital experience for a variety of audiences across multiple platforms.
- Lead the web team in the creation of a digital strategy with an emphasis on recruitment, admissions and fundraising across multiple digital technologies.
- Act as the architect of UFV’s digital experience, developing a strong platform for digital communications and marketing.
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish and execute digital experiences and content strategies that drive UFV audience and stakeholder awareness, engagement, and action.
- Ensure that UFV follows best practices for institutional web and mobile governance as well as website operations and app development.
- Grow UFV’s capacity to execute integrated digital marketing campaigns, including the ability to measure and track lead generation activities.
- Help UFV develop an effective model for distributed management of web and digital content.
- Use web analytics, surveys, in person interviews, stakeholder feedback, and other channels, to develop a keen understanding of stakeholder needs on UFV digital properties.
- Lead projects involving the assessment, selection, and deployment of new web and digital technologies.
- Nurture the professional growth and development of web team members, ensuring that team members find opportunities to develop new skills.
- Maintain a strong collaborative relationship with IT Services and other key partners and stakeholders.
- Work with the director to develop long-term budget and staffing requirements for UFV’s digital strategy.
- Oversee and evaluate work for Web Team Members.
- Minimum five (5) years related experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Web Design, Digital/Internet Marketing or a related field. An equivalent combination of education, and experience, including managerial experience and training may be acceptable.
- Proven experience managing website design, architecture development, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Webmaster Tools, SEO, digital advertising mediums and the effective planning of campaigns and tools in a business environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex websites.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent diverse work and conflict resolution styles.
- Organizational skills; ability to strategically prioritize projects and help web staff manage a busy work load.
- Systems thinking and problem-solving: ability to understand complex systems and find elegant solutions to stubborn problems.
- Extensive experience with web content management systems, including user and role definition, workflow, layouts or themes, and administration.
- Ability to work independently within a highly collaborative team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a broad spectrum of university stakeholders.
- Ability to support a community of web publishers from both a business and content strategy perspective.
- Knowledge of web usability design and information architecture principles.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills for different types of media (print and electronic) with an eye for detail, design, content and brand.
- Proven experience and success in researching, designing, developing and implementing new websites for a large organization.
- Proven strategic experience and recent examples of online, digital and social media advertising and Adwords campaigns showcasing success through coordinated campaigns and analytics.
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and direct staff in a busy environment while paying attention to detail, optimizing resources and effectively meeting deadlines and project requirements.
- Experience in and desire to grow in the following areas: digital strategic planning, web development, app development, UI/UX design and creative direction.
- Experience with TerminalFour CMS
- Exposure to web marketing and e-commerce.
How to apply
Direct resume including evidence of appropriate qualifications referring to Posting #2019.100 to
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Tel: (604) 854-4554 Fax: (604) 854-1538 Website: www.ufv.ca
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Selection Advisory Committee will begin reviewing applications on May 17, 2019; however, the position will remain open until filled. Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
Find out how to prepare your application
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- In order to be environmentally and fiscally responsible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or a verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Shortlisted applicants for staff positions will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Back to Job postings