What is a Co-Curricular Record?
The Co-Curricular Record [CCR] is an institutionally recognized document, validated by a UFV staff/faculty, highlighting your participation, skill development, learning outcomes, and achievements throughout your time at the University of the Fraser Valley.
How can I benefit from having a CCR?
A CCR enhances your resume and career or academic portfolio to showcase your skills to potential employers or increase your grad school/bursary/scholarship chances.
Furthermore, a CCR connects UFV Institutional Learning Outcomes to each individual Experience to further enhance the accreditation of your student engagement.
What kinds of co-curricular Experiences are eligible?
To qualify for inclusion, Experiences must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 20 hours (completed over one validation period – Sep-Dec; Jan-Apr; May-Aug)
- Must NOT be eligible for academic credit
- A UFV staff or faculty can validate participation or a pre-determined contact within an MOA organization
- Connected to UFV Institutional Learning Outcomes
If you have completed an Experience that meets the criteria that is not currently listed as a CCR opportunity, you may complete a CCR Experience Inclusion Form to request it be added.
How do I get my Experiences validated?
The validation process formally recognizes a students participation in a co-curricular Experience. The faculty or staff supervisor of the Experience acts as validator to confirm the participant has met all criteria.
To request validation, login to myCampusLife and click "Add an Experience to my CCR" in the yellow box on the main page. Once you have submitted the request, you will be notified when it is processed.
You may request validation at any time during your Experience, however, validators may choose to hold off on validation until the work term is complete. For example, Work Study Grant Program requests will be processed at the end of the semester following completion.
What's the difference between an official CCR and an Involvement Record?
- Participation validated by a UFV faculty or staff member
- Minimum of 20 hour contribution
- Contribution not eligible for academic credit
- Experience ties to Institutional Learning Outcomes
- Pre-determined description and category
This could include volunteer opportunities, paid student staff positions on-campus, Work Study program, student governance etc.
Involvement Record [unofficial CCR]:
- Member of a student organization
- Contributions less than 20 hours via Event - Track Attendance
You can view your unofficial CCR [Involvement Record] by selecting Involvement Record from the list after clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner in the myCampusLife system. Official Co-Curricular Records can only be accessed by request. Complete the CCR - Request Official Copy form.