Financial Planning Resources
UFV Financial Aid and Awards has compiled the following resources to assist current and prospective students in making well informed decisions on their financial affairs while pursuing their educational goals.
Budget Planning for your Education
If you are planning to attend a post-secondary institution it is important to have your finances in order before you begin your studies. To minimize your overall debt upon graduation, it is important to develop a personal budget to balance your income and spending over the coming months and years.
Important Information for Students Needing to Finance their Education
The student assistance programs are based on demonstrated individual financial need. This means you will be required to report your financial expenses and resources, and where the regulations require, the financial expenses and resources of your wife, husband, common-law partner, parents or guardian.
- Full-time students
- Part-time students
- Students with Permanent Disabilities
- Students taking Upgrading (grade 12 or lower), English as a Second Language, Employment Orientation Program (TASK).
- Fee deferrals
- Work Study Program
- Interest-free Status
- Repayment Assistance Plan (RAP)
- Government Student Loans and Grants Orientation Webinar
- Student Loan Orientation Webinar
- Student Loan Repayment Webinar
Financial Aid and Awards
Scholarships, Bursaries, Leaderships Awards
- UFV Entrance Scholarships
- UFV Scholarships
- UFV Leadership Awards
- UFV Bursaries
- Surfing for Dollars
- Tips on Applying for Scholarships
- Scholarship Reference Guidelines