Request a new mobile phone service
UFV is currently in the process of moving our Telus devices to our new provider, Rogers Mobility. For more information on the migration, please visit Project Updates.
- Purchase a new mobile device
- Complete a Supply Purchase Requisition (SPR) that includes:
- Make and model of the device; visit Rogers Mobility to view available devices
- Include the name of the person who will use the phone
- If you require a new Rogers sim card include the following: Rogers Regular Sim Card
- If you require a new case, enter the case name and model
- Include a note on the SPR requesting the phone to be delivered to ITS, Room B244
- Ensure the SPR is signed/authorized and budget code for the purchase and future usage billing is included
- Keep the bottom copy of your SPR and send the original document to IT Services, B244, attn: ITS Assistant
- Activate your new mobile phone
- When we receive your phone, we will contact you to visit the IT Service Desk to complete the setup. Before you set up your phone:
- Advise IT Service Desk if you would like to transfer an existing phone number to your new phone
- If you plan to restore your new phone with content/contacts from a previous phone, complete a back up of your previous phone and sign out of your account (Google ID/Apple ID). Visit Rogers Mobile Preparation to learn more
- When picking up your phone at IT Service Desk, you will need to sign into the phone using your UFV username and password
Add a roaming package
If you are traveling for personal* or business and will be taking your UFV mobile with you please request a roaming package to be added to your plan five days before travel. To request a roaming package employees can create an IT Service Desk ticket or email email@example.com including the following information:
* If your roaming package is used for personal use, you may be required to reimburse the university for the extra expense.
Set up Wi-Fi on your mobile device
Review eduroam instructions to set up Wi-Fi on your mobile device.
New UFV mobile accounts are created under our standard usage plan. If an employee is assuming a previous employee's account, the existing plan remains. UFV employees automatically receive the basic plan with Rogers Mobility that includes unlimited Canada-wide Talk & Text and 5GB of data per month.
UFV Standard Rogers Data Plan Includes:
- Unlimited Canada-wide Long Distance
- Unlimited Canada-wide Text
- Call Display
- 5GB of data per month
- $44.80 / per month
What is MDM?
Mobile Device Management (MDM) is a cellular industry standard administration tool that allows organizations manage applications and accounts on mobile devices used by their employees. This ensures that employees are productive and have the accounts and tools they need to effectively use their mobile device to fulfill job responsibilities.
MDM is also an important security tool that helps safeguard personal and confidential data on mobile devices used by UFV and helps limit the liabilities UFV could face by permitting employees to use their device for work and personal purposes.
- Remote lock and wipe: If the device is lost or stolen, UFV can lock the device and/or delete data.
Please note: After 10 consecutive failed passcode attempts an iPhone will erase all information, media, and personal settings
- Remote Account Management: Allows UFV to remotely configure accounts on Android and iOS devices.
- Remote Restrictions: Allows administrators to lock device settings to UFV standards, or remove user access to selected device settings.
- Application Management: Allows UFV you to push apps to managed devices, eliminating the need for a user to “bring you the device” to add an app or to make a change.
MDM does not
- Keep record of financial information
- Keep a record of browsing history
- Have access to files, pictures, videos and contact information on your device
- Track your location or phone usage and activities
- Have any access whatsoever to your Google, Apple or other personal accounts